Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Versus PS2 PES 6

Options
  • 11-10-2006 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hey all,
    I'm looking to buy PES 6 along with either a slimline PS2
    or a new Xbox just wondering if anyone can offer some advice:

Which console is better?

Which is better for online PES play?
    :confused:

Are both versions identical or will there be differences? im used
    to playing PES 5 on PS2.
    all replies appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

XBox or XBox 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I assume its the Xbox 360, if so that'll prob be better as its newer, simple as that really!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Xbox 360 is a much better console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Yeah, X360's next-gen so there's no comparison really. XBL is awesome too, hopefully they'll have the lag issues sorted out this time round.

Just check out some of the vid's of each version that are going around, some of the 360 footage looks really sweet!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Farrell 11

Yeah the Xbox 360 version.

Although that's gonna cost ye the price of the system and the game...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PC is the best for handyness ie your on it now and patching and whatnot a peiece of piss.

When my hand isnt broken i usually have PES5 running and Alt tab in and out anytime i want a game.

Altho its a port of the Ps2 version just shinied up by your GPU the lack of optrion file for 360 would piss me off.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

There's plenty of ways around for an option file for the 360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

KdjaCL wrote:
    PC is the best for handyness ie your on it now and patching and whatnot a peiece of piss.

When my hand isnt broken i usually have PES5 running and Alt tab in and out anytime i want a game.

Altho its a port of the Ps2 version just shinied up by your GPU the lack of optrion file for 360 would piss me off.

kdjac
    Excuse my ignorance but you may aswell have written that post
    in german!
    Im new to online play and a complete novice as regards ports, patching, tabs, GPU'ds and whatever else, basically im a massive pes fan on PS2 looking to take it to the next level with PES 6 and playing online, Ive already posted in this forum about how I had probs with the PC version when trying to play online with my laptop.
    Thats why I created this thread, would I be better off getting a slimline PS2 with PES 6 to get online?:confused:
    Im

Pro evo will run on most pcs and laptops.

Tabbed means this http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/tabbed.JPG

The Ps2 is dead 90% of people who post here play PES online via the PC vs each other.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

not really. xbox 360 version is going to be huge. and I dont think there is a normal xbox version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

There is no Xbox version, Only 360.

PC Pes is bad.

Nuff Said.

Timans wrote:

PC Pes is bad.

Nuff Said.

How exactly?

kdjac

Mainly because I can't run it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Timans wrote:
    Mainly because I can't run it.

lol :D

But why would you WANT to run it? football games are better on consoles anyway.

Well,

I could use my Wired 360 pad, then own KdajCL at PES.

THEN, I would become the "uncrowned mod of PES" until eventually, the govt. couldn't hold me back anymore and I would take over this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

But why would you WANT to run it? football games are better on consoles anyway.

why are they better on consoles. it is the exact same control system to the PS2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I don't think he means its technically better.

Just mulitplayer-wise, its a much better / fun experience when you have several players crowded around the telly & console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Get the 360 version

It'll be the definitive version

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Just in case u were thinking original xbox, its not being released on that. Apparently there is less in the edit mode for the 360 than the ps2! But I'm still going for 360, got the XSATA for option files
    http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/1021322/-/Product.html?searchstring=xsata&searchsource=0

• Registered Users Posts: 45,746 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Get the 360 version

It'll be the definitive version
    if by definitive you mean irritatingly watered down and missing important features...then yes.

I'll be getting the 36 version cause apparently the gameplay is MUCH better, but the rest is pee'd on by the ps2 version.

I'll prob pick up the PC version too - as it will have all the editing options i like, and because i can play it using ps2 pads and it is basically the ps2 version, i can play my bro when he comes round.

• Advertisement

Julez wrote:
    Just in case u were thinking original xbox, its not being released on that. Apparently there is less in the edit mode for the 360 than the ps2! But I'm still going for 360, got the XSATA for option files
    http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/1021322/-/Product.html?searchstring=xsata&searchsource=0
    no point regarding option files - can't edit teams and the transfers are up to date so there is nothing really to download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Tauren wrote:
    if by definitive you mean irritatingly watered down and missing important features...then yes.

I'll be getting the 36 version cause apparently the gameplay is MUCH better, but the rest is pee'd on by the ps2 version.

I'll prob pick up the PC version too - as it will have all the editing options i like, and because i can play it using ps2 pads and it is basically the ps2 version, i can play my bro when he comes round.

what important features?

Will it have the master league? Yes

Will it have training? Yes

Will it have online play? hell yes

Will it have all the other standard one player tournaments? Yes

What else would I need?

I don't bother editing players in Pro Evo so there could be no edit feature and I wouldn't give a ****e

To me, editing is an important feature, cuase i don't particularly want to play a match that involves Manchester United vs Team 1, whose linup consists of Player 1, Player 2, Payer 3...... I don't understand why Konami would put these 'teams' in the game without giving us the option to edit them. Its just plain stupid. Also, as far as i know, it does not have the full International Challange featured in the PS2 version.

The lack of a license was made up for, in the past, by the fact the editing was so extensive. I'd download and have my option file ready to go before i would even put PES in the PS2 so I only ever had up to date squads with the correct kits - we will NEVER have that in PES6 on the 360, and that is very disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Tauren wrote:
    To me, editing is an important feature, cuase i don't particularly want to play a match that involves Manchester United vs Team 1, whose linup consists of Player 1, Player 2, Payer 3...... I don't understand why Konami would put these 'teams' in the game without giving us the option to edit them. Its just plain stupid. Also, as far as i know, it does not have the full International Challange featured in the PS2 version.

Ya make a good point about the generic teams that are supposedly there for editing purposes, but how sure are we that we definitely cannot edit teams on the 360 version? Even names and basic kit colours?

I mean it seems so ridiculous to include generic teams that we simply cannot edit at all, now I'm not saying that Konami would never do such a thing but I find it really hard to imagine that they would be that stupid?

I haven't seen any confirmed pics of the finished 360 version's edit mode, so I am holding out that we'll at least be able to edit player/team names and hopefully basic kit settings.

I'm not expecting to be able to create specific faces/haircuts etc like on the PS2, because I have heard that that feature is not included, something along the lines of "it would have taken 12 months to implement it onto the 360 since it cannot be ported from the PS2" is what I read fron Seabass.

Anyway, rant over, point is, well its really a question, but how sure are we that there's absolutely no team editing on the 360?

i am a member on PESFAN.com, which has close ties with Konami - the 'refs' on pesfan get free copies of the game, and those that have it, have told the members that team editing is not possible in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Tauren wrote:
    i am a member on PESFAN.com, which has close ties with Konami - the 'refs' on pesfan get free copies of the game, and those that have it, have told the members that team editing is not possible in the game.

I'm a member too but as far as I remeber it didn't say there was no editing, just not as an extensive as the ps2 version. Also it was in a very badly translated interview. Dunno if the refs have a full copy yet either!

Tauren wrote:

PESFAN are not allowed have option files hardly a website to base a rumour on editing about.

Evo web seems to be down, they usually got the goods.

kdjac

Evo-Web said the same before they went down.

And why would PESFAN lie about it? They will have an option file, just won't have prem teams done.

Julez wrote:
    I'm a member too but as far as I remeber it didn't say there was no editing, just not as an extensive as the ps2 version. Also it was in a very badly translated interview. Dunno if the refs have a full copy yet either!
    they were saying it yesterday, and today - go on to the site and have a look - i'm not lying about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I cant believe no xbox version :( ****!

Advertisement