Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copying Nokia Memory Card content

• 11-10-2006 9:23am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Ive got the nokia 6680 and bought a 1gb memory card seperate for it. However I cant seem to copy any of the applications/themes/games etc from the original MMC to the new one. (it only seems to copy pics/vids across)

Anyone know how to do this? Ive tried the content copier on nokia pc suite, ive tried a third party bluetooth thingy on my pc. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

Are you sure the games, apps etc. are actually on the MMC and not on the phone itself?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Are you sure the games, apps etc. are actually on the MMC and not on the phone itself?

yep, when installing originally i selected memory card. plus when u take mmc out, apps arent there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just plug the mmc into an actual card reader and use that to copy everything to a folder on your pc, and then back to a new card. Takes about 5 minutes. Sometimes windows explorer will not let you see the system folder so if that happens just type in e:\system in the address bar.

Bluetooth is not suitable for transferring such files. With the MMC, if you wnat to copy apps and games across, you have various system and other libaries which all need to be exactly as they were - you can't just transfer them all across by BT, it would take years and isn't really possible.

Card reader is a 5 minute job.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Thanks for feedback!

Next silly question, where can i get my hands on a card reader?

My laptop has a slot at the side that fits memory cards, but I cant seem to access it through Windows Explorer or Control Panel. Its odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hmm, maybe correct drivers aren't installed? It should be a case of simply plugging in the card, and letting windows detect it...

• Advertisement

Yeah tried that but didnt work. Im using a dell D420 btw.

Im on the dell site at the mo...

Advertisement