Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halloween Fancy dress, advice needed!

• 11-10-2006 10:29am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Im looking to go as an evil film character.

I would love to be darth vader or storm trooper from star wars.

Where could i get these costumes in ireland (dublin)

Also im taking suggestions for other characters but the darth vader/storm trooper one is my favorite, i realise i may have to spend some money on this one. Its 2 weeks away.

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Get a luminous yellow t-shirt and a bucket and go as a chugger....

Ring Forbidden Planet on the quays - they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

if you had more time, I would suggest

http://www.buystarwarscostumes.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

go as doctor evil, you can't get any more evil than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Ah I love Fancy Dress parties.

There is one up on Ebay Ireland:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Darth-Vader-Halloween-Costume-Star-Wars-Medium_W0QQitemZ260039858599QQihZ016QQcategoryZ16117QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

EDIT: Just looking I think its only a boys costume..........what size are ya:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Lurk

The Hilton hotel in Las Vegas has a Star Trek Experience exhibit where they'll create a klingon costume for you...it's tailored to your measurements, made out of real leather, with the pointy-toe boots, latex forehead, real-hair wig etc.. The thing is, it might take a little longer than two weeks to make. The other thing is it costs $12,000.
    You could just stick a few CDs/kitchen appliances to your body and go as someone out of Hellraiser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Have a look at http://www.dublincostumes.com/ - I've just been in there myself looking for a costume.

It's not the most professional of websites, nor is their shop much, but they do have a hell of a lot of costumes and I do recall seeing old blackeyes himself there.

You are talking 60-70 Euro to rent the costume over the weekend, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Not to thread hi-jack or anything, but i HAVE to go to a party as Mr. T otherwise im not allowed to go.
    I initially thought it would be handy enough to get the outfit and put on a load of fake tan, but then i was thinking if i put on that much fake tan it'll take days to come off, and now im getting it very tough to get the outfit.
    I thought the denim dungarees would be eay to find and that i would find fake Mr T jewellery in one of the shops but i cant find anything!

can anyone give me any tips on how to darken my skin and get the dungarees fake jewellery?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

homerjk wrote:
    can anyone give me any tips on how to darken my skin and get the dungarees fake jewellery?:)

I know a couple of guys who did something like this before and they used brown shoe polish to darken themselves up a bit - i'd say its a bitch to wash off though, still has to be better than fake tan (ugh).

Dungarees - Ebay is probably your best bet to be honest. Failing that you could get a pair of workers dungarees - like the same material as a boiler suit. not quite denim but close enough.

And finally the gold - go to your local DIY shop they probably sell chain (ie- gardening chan security chain etc) look for chandelier chain or something similar its a thin link brass/gold color and should do for what you want it for. Its also pretty cheap about a quid or so per metre.

OP - Saw an article about authentic star wars suits in a paper last week made from the same moulds as the ones fom the movies (i think) - looked the business - unfortunatly they were also about 3 and an half grand :( :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Cheers c - 13!

No worries man, If ya think of it post up how you got on, or even better a pic :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

go as a storm trooper...
    82ab023665fb27bd1f99c22c094c3000rx0.gif

Heres one on ebay if you have about a grand lying around somewhere that your not using
    Stormtrooper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

homerjk wrote:
    Not to thread hi-jack or anything, but i HAVE to go to a party as Mr. T otherwise im not allowed to go.
    I initially thought it would be handy enough to get the outfit and put on a load of fake tan, but then i was thinking if i put on that much fake tan it'll take days to come off, and now im getting it very tough to get the outfit.
    I thought the denim dungarees would be eay to find and that i would find fake Mr T jewellery in one of the shops but i cant find anything!

Dark brown facepaint. Get it in Art and Hobby shops - just a plly a little water and dab on with a sponge. For the jewelley - rolled up cardboard rapped in tinfoil and painted gold.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

I bought my costume from the ebay shop Taylors Fancy Dress Linkage at http://search.stores.ebay.ie/Taylors-Fancy-Dress_fancy-dress_W0QQftsZ2QQsaselZ24598555QQsatitleZfancyQ20dressQQsofpZ0

I haven't tried it on but the delievery was quick and the costumes are resonably priced. I don't have the time to go through all the men's costumes but there might be something in it for you.

As for the guy who wants to dress up as Mr. T. What about using instant fake tan? It'd look much better than what has been suggested. It washed off so no need to worry about it staying on for days but i'd worry about whether it rains or not :)

I love fancy dress.
    A.

Advertisement