Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

teeth...

• 11-10-2006 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

since the arrival of bebo and the whole photos thing i noticed how discoloured my teeth are... Anybody recommend a good product to whiten teeth?
    Ive been using Colgate whitening for the last 2 months but its crap to be honest!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://cgi.ebay.ie/BLUE-PLASMA-LIGHT-TOOTH-TEETH-WHITE-WHITER-WHITENING_W0QQitemZ270038273559QQihZ017QQcategoryZ31771QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i got this in canada. only used it twice and while my teeth aren't white or anything of the sort yet, I've definitely noticed them going down a shade or two.

alternatively the uh.. two week gum-strip things are alright as well... not sure who makes them though, i think there's loads of kinds.
    dunno where in Ireland you'd get them

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

Tooth whitening toothpastes are rubbish.

That thing you bought on e-bay is laughable (laser light - it's no such thing, it's an l.e.d. and probably does next to nothing), although it does contain Carbamide peroxide which is what is used in bleaching at the dentist. I was amazed that this can be bought over the internet, considering in Europe C.P. is the subject of legal greyness. I shouldn't really be amazed, anything can be bought over the internet.

Bleaching and veneers are the only long term way of changing the shade of your teeth. Ask about it at the dentist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

actually I picked it up in a walmart in Canada, 30 dollars. and it works for me *shrug*.

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

Sorry, I didn't mean to rubbish it out of the bag. I'm just saying that the light part of this product is a gimmick, but the carbamide peroxide part will bleach your teeth. You should get well made and professionally fitted trays for this because it will give you more even results.

Carbamide peroxide is what is used in the dentist to bleach teeth.

Advertisement