Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too much Battlefield

Options
  • 11-10-2006 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Right, sitting at a set of taffic lights this morning, still half asleep after a late session of BF2, when I look up in the sky to see a seagull circling and for a split second, I thought to myself...

"****! Enemy UAV!"

:D

Kaos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Right, sitting at a set of taffic lights this morning, still half asleep after a late session of BF2, when I look up in the sky to see a seagull circling and for a split second, I thought to myself...

"****! Enemy UAV!"

:D

Kaos

We had this thread a while ago but it was hilarious....
    I find myself look out the window of my office and imagining being on top of one of the cranes with an M95.... Sweet spot for sniping...

Plus, a mounted machine ala the hummvee would be sweet on my car for the M50 in the mornings....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Keyzer wrote:
    We had this thread a while ago but it was hilarious....
    I find myself look out the window of my office and imagining being on top of one of the cranes with an M95.... Sweet spot for sniping...

Plus, a mounted machine ala the hummvee would be sweet on my car for the M50 in the mornings....

i walk around wondering who i can knife, but i did that before bf2 aswel..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I've done the UAV thing before. I also spotted choppers in the air and for a moment I was confused that I couldn't tell what type of chopper it was from the profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I usually drive into town on the N2 under the flightpath for Dublin airport.

I remember I saw a Ryanair Airbus about to land and caught myself thinking "it's so close...why amn't I getting a lock on that?".

Sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This is clearly a case of not enough Battlefield!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

On the day of the riots I actually saw a proper UAV so no need to imagine one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Last weekend I belted my finger with a hammer good-oh and tore a nice bit of skin off beside the nail (left index) - plastered it up fairly well to hold it together and carried on.

Same evening, decided to do a bit of BF2'ing, hammering away at keyboard for a while, looked down and basically 'D', 'E', '4' and a few other keys were covered in the auld red stuff. Finger was killing me that night, serves me right.

OK, back for another game......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Last time I did something like that was when I used to play TRIBES... oh man what a rush that game was, especially in competition.

I guess BF2 is the only other online team / squad based shooter to ever hold my attention for such a length of time.

Not sure how much the fascination will last though... need a new fix and HL2 episodic content just isn't doing it for me.

Roll on ET:QW and (yawn) DNF :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I get the same kind of thing but its more like when I'm playing a different game and I'm thinking wow this is a great game, hope it doesnt crash to desktop. Then I realize I'm not playing bf2, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

c0y0te wrote:
    Not sure how much the fascination will last though... need a new fix and HL2 episodic content just isn't doing it for me.

Roll on ET:QW and (yawn) DNF :)

yup, dont feel the burning need to play bf2 anymore. ah well. it was fun while it lasted. maybe absence will make the heart grow fonder again..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Scruff wrote:
    yup, dont feel the burning need to play bf2 anymore. ah well. it was fun while it lasted. maybe absence will make the heart grow fonder again..

I stopped for months and only started playing the other day... Im addicted again lol:D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Too much BF2142 last night, was playing BF2 and i don't know how many times i got killed jumping out of helis, buildings etc hitting jump and expecting my shoot to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Waiting at Dublin airport to go through & having a fag outside other morning... surprised myself scanning building tops across (multi-storey car parks & whatnot) for tell-tale 'humps' of prone snipers :D :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

lol your all mad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

ambro25 wrote:
    Waiting at Dublin airport to go through & having a fag outside other morning... surprised myself scanning building tops across (multi-storey car parks & whatnot) for tell-tale 'humps' of prone snipers :D :rolleyes:
    Lmao
    just as long as you dont walk into the planes cockpit and ask to be the gunner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

You : "So where's the Tv guided missle button ?"
    Pilot : "Eh...."
    You : "What ?"
    Pilot : "this is a passenger jet"
    You : "Pfft !! what kind of noob flies a passenger jet ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Dublin Airport mod anyone? There's some fantastic choke points for an inf-only map (thinks about security screening area) and the run for the helicopters/tanks spawning at the end of mile-long Ryanair corridor airside would make for fantastic virtual Olympics fodder :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Its when you dream that your ingame .thats when you know that you play too much.ive had a few :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

ambro25 wrote:
    Did something similar myself - driving on one of the back roads at Dublin Airport I saw a helicopter coming in to land and wondered why I wasn't getting a 'lock'.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Jackabo wrote:
    Its when you dream that your ingame .thats when you know that you play too much.ive had a few :rolleyes:

Yup. I actually see player names and stuff in my dreams and everything.

I've also swerved on the road to avoid 'mines' ..... i.e a discarded hubcap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement