Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory Gallagher "Homecoming"

Options
  • 11-10-2006 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Could I strongly recommend a visit to the Rory "Homecoming" exhibition currently on show at Triskel, Lavitt's Quay (Admission Free).

A lot of work has been put into mounting this appreciative exhibition of one of Cork's finest, and it shows. Displays of Rory's instruments, hand-written notes and various belongings and possessions of his. Also a film room running a loop of Taste live performances, and other audio-visual and interactive stations scattered around.Truly excellent and of interest to all music fans and bedroom air-guitarists of a certain age. ;)

Do go for a walk-around some day. (Closed Mondays)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭les-paul

I'm definately going, but to make me even more anxious (I won't be going until Saturday), are they displaying THE strat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Heh heh, Les, .......... not THE Strat but another one. But also, Rory G's first guitar ( an old accoustic bought by his parents when he woz 8-Y-O )and his mandolin. Some of the equipment he bought from Crowley's Music for "THE" Strat also ( plug-in gear etc.). His handwritten songsheets are of even more interest though, and Music Fed membership cards and the like. His records by other artistes (Muddy Waters etc) that he collected are on display too and are very interesting.

I'm more a Gibson guitar person myself ....... so I love your name on here!

Saturday exhibition hours are 12.00 noon - 4:00pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭les-paul

Oh, too bad they´re not showing it, I come from Spain and was really hoping to get a photo with the guitar just to make some friends really really jealous... but I´m eager to go anyway, thanks for pointing out the opening hours!

Oh and don´t you think that Cork city could do more to honour Rory? I onle heard about the Triskel exhibition and naming the music library after Rory, when in Dublin they have that nice statue... I thought this was the REAL capital...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

There's Rory Gallaher Place isn't there? Or does that not exist since the last time I checked it doesn't appear on any map of Cork city? Must suss out the exhibition over the weekend :)

Advertisement