Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does digiweb affect Sky?

Options
  • 11-10-2006 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

I'm thinking of getting Digiweb Metro. I have two sky digiboxes connected to my current Eircom phoneline and I'm just wondering whether, apart from a change of number, getting a Digiweb phoneline would cause any problems with Sky?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

no problem at all.

Once you have a microfilter on each line!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Sorry I just fired off a response without reading it properly. I assumed you were talking about a DSL connection.

Dunno about metro. Sorry!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I have seen a problem on boards once a few months back where the digiweb antenna and cable were close to the sky dish and cable on the chimney and down along.

Digiweb moved their gear around a bit pretty pronto and all was well.

I understand that a digibox can dial out (as they do) through the metro phoneline port no problem .

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Thanks. Will the digiweb technicians connect the new phoneline to my sky boxes though or can they use the same cables that are being used?

Advertisement