Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Presenting BUBBA (islandhopper) MAsh Up Live Show + DJ set!

• 11-10-2006 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

1271936866_l.jpg

Firtsly let me just start by saying huge thanks to anybody that made it to the club on Saturday, it truly was an amazing night with a nice crowd of cool people that made for a really great atmosphere. The music was spot on throughout with crackin sets from both Brian and our new found German friend Soren who was so overwhelmed by the great response he received here in Dublin. We will be visiting Soren and the Soapclub in Hannover in November so watch this space for more info.

This week at the club we welcome one of the most impressive live acts that I have seen or heard in the last 2 years, BUBBA aka LOVERZ aka INTERNATIONAL SWINGERS aka M.S.T from northern islands Island Hopper Recordings. I have seen him play twice before now, both of which completely blew me away with a very unique and highly energetic sound that includes a mix of jackin house, dirty squelshy acid and bumpin electro majority of which is his own production.

1271931162_l.jpg

He has a very impressive back catalogue of releases on labels such as Classic, Glasgow Underground, Hip Therapy, and more recently Island Hopper. He has produced alongside Scoper and T-Bone on various past projects and has recently remixed tracks by up and coming Sigma Kids and Sinister Industry. His tracks have featured on compilations such as Halo and Hipp-E Fabric Live vol 7, Chicken Lips Nightlife and Classics Ten Years of Classic, he has also held a residency in the popular THOMSONS GARAGE BELFAST and has headlined venues such as THE STIFF KITTEN BELFAST, TSUNAMI BELFAST, THE NERVE CENTRE DERRY, SALT LICK GLASGOW, HAPTIC GLASGOW, TRAFFIC DUBLIN, and TEMPLE BAR MUSIC CENTRE DUBLIN. He has also played alongside Names such as TIGA MYLO and RADIOSLAVE to name but a few.

This really is one show I have been eagerly anticipating for some time and I have no doubt will be a real feast of great sounds. Bubba will be playing a 2 hour mash of up his Live set and DJ set and will be joined on the night by resident David Hargadon. Do check it out!

ALSO DONT FORGET OUR HALLOWEEN MONSTER MASH UP WILL TAKE PLACE ON THE 28TH OF OCTOBER> WE WILL HAVE A BUMPER LINE UP OF TOP DJS PLUS FULL CLUB DECOR AND FANCY DRESS>MORE INFO NEXT WEEK> WATCH THIS SPACE...

To find out more about BUBBA and ISLAND HOPPER RECORDS hit-
    www.myspace.com/islandhopperrecordings

To win guest passes to see BUBBA, simply answer the following question –

What label is BUBBA currently signed to?

Mail all answers to acdisco@gmail.com we have 10 to give away so good luck!

Also, you can view last weeks pics here –
    http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/aciidisco/album?.dir=/d91bre2&.src=ph&.tok=phNdnoFBOC2amE9H

Plus you can Download Sorens set here -
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q8H9J4BZ

And Brians set here -
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5A4QPVN8

Plus don’t forget you can now visit Acii Disco on MY SPACE simply hit -

www.myspace.com/aciidisco

We are always looking to add more friends! Plus we will be uploading lots of great mixes, photos and video footage very soon so do check it out and feel free to leave some comments!

Unfortunatly our Bebo is out of action at the moment but we are working hard to fix the problem and should have it back up in no time.

851646266a851765809b895443789ml.jpg

Acii Disco
    Every Saturday night at The HUB, Eustace st, Temple bar.
    House / Electro / Acid and Tech House
    Residents Al Keegan. Jonathan Woods. Brian Cairns. David Hargadon.
    We Like – Deep. Chuggy. Techy. Twisted. Groovy. Jackin. Pumpin.
    Visuals by CoolHandLoop
    Doors 11. Adm e10. e7 Student.

Advertisement