Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statute Law Revision

Options
  • 11-10-2006 12:19pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure plenty of people are aware of the Statute Law Revision, and it was mentioned in the Dail yesterday (and as a result some of the papers today).

So far only legislation between 1200 and 1800 has been looked at, with 1801-1922 coming up soo, but apparently 206 acts have so far been repealled by the review... does anyone know if there's a website etc. where you can view the repealled act or even a way to order a copy of it? I'd say it would be interesting to see what kind of obselete legislation the country had up until recently..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are two curent projects The Pre-Independence Project which is currently dealing with the older and generally more obsolete acts first and then will move onto 1800-1922 acts and the Restatements Porject dealing with more modern acts that have been revised multiple times through amendments and amendments to amendments, etc., but need to be tidied up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

flogen wrote:
    I'd say it would be interesting to see what kind of obselete legislation the country had up until recently..

One particular law allowed the good people at Trinity College kill one catholic a year!!!

Advertisement