Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus Do Their Annual Channel Shake-up for 2006

Options
  • 11-10-2006 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

well lads

Long time since i was on Boards.ie but that's a different story

Must congratulate chorus for gettin rid of itv3 and replacing it with More4

There was feck all on itv3, More4 has Deal Or No Deal, The Daily Show plus everyone's favourite Curb Your Enthusiasm

But if Chorus are to succeed in gettin more customers, then i think they should do the following:

1. Get more channels e.g Challenge TV, UKTV G2, Sky Sports News, Racing UK
    2. Get all the +1 channels e.g Bravo+1,
    3. Try to get Channel 5 on the chorus platform
    4. Have more than 100 channels than the fecking 50 that I already have.

What do ye think lads?

All de best
    CPAFC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Would be nice if they could get Film4 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

So you are saying they have removed the Irish TV3 to replace it with the British More4? I'm not having chorus anymore - but honestly I can hardly imagine that! According to their web page TV3 still in the digital basic package.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

ITV3 is uk channel part of ITV There is ITV 1,2,3, and 4 on satelite.

nice to know More 4 is on Chorus, what channel is it on, can get someone to tape death of a president for me on Friday. my provider does not provide that channel.

Getting rid of TV3 is not a bad idea all the same. All it is is UTV with two Irish news bulletins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

my fault. apologies. read TV3 instead of itv3.

mea culpa, mea culpa maxima! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Film 4 is on the way and more changes toofrom what i heard. Chorus will no longer be Chorus in a few months as they were bought by UPC along with NTL so they'll be standardising the line-ups between the two companies. They'll be doing broadband as well.UPC are massive around the world so anything is possible I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I have More4 and Film4 on Sky Digital and they are not great to be honest. More4 is basically a tarted up Channel 4 being owned and run by them. What is shown on More4 ends up being shown on Channel 4 later and vice versa.

Film4 is also run by Channel 4 afaik but has gone down hill big time since it went freeview on digital. The same old films we have all seen before repeated nearly every night of the week. Before long they will end up like Sky Movies.

Regarding loosing TV3 well ITV have sold or are in the process of selling their share in TV3 so alot of programs like Corrie and X-Factor will probably vanish (not a bad thing imo). I have sympathy for TV3 they have to compete with RTE yet they have to generate their own revenue through advertising whereas RTE get revenue through tax payers money via the TV licence plus revenue from advertisments too.

BTW I got rid of Chorus/Irish Multichannel along time ago due to poor quality of service and customer support. I hope the new owners do something to improve this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

bazz26 wrote:
    BTW I got rid of Chorus/Irish Multichannel along time ago due to poor quality of service and customer support. I hope the new owners do something to improve this.

I never suffered from this poor service so I can't comment on it , plus I know a fair few people who would confirm it so maybe I am just lucky . Having said that I do feel that Chorus does have one big advantage over Sky in that you can have the all the basic channels in multiple rooms at no extra cost .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 CarewParkAFC

ITV3 is uk channel part of ITV There is ITV 1,2,3, and 4 on satelite.

nice to know More 4 is on Chorus, what channel is it on, can get someone to tape death of a president for me on Friday. my provider does not provide that channel.

Getting rid of TV3 is not a bad idea all the same. All it is is UTV with two Irish news bulletins.

I'll tape it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I managed to get a relative with sky who said they will record it onto a DVD for me . Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 CarewParkAFC

I managed to get a relative with sky who said they will record it onto a DVD for me . Thanks anyway.

No probs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Get SKY HD Thats what i have, Much better...lol

Advertisement