Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to jog around Kilbarrack (northside)?

Options
  • 11-10-2006 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭

Hi, recently enough moved to Kilbarrack and keen to get out jogging and running again. Just wondering are there any places recommended to run around there? It wasn't as bad in the summer, but basically now the problem is that I can only run after work in the evenings and I find now there's too many kids hanging around Kilbarrack, Donaghmede and surrounding areas with nothing better to do than annoy passer-bys.

An option is to cycle to coast and run along the path there. I've also cycled down to Raheny and run down the Howth Road to Fairview. When I was living in East Wall I always found that to be a safe route. Any suggestions, particularly, for running on soft or grassy surfaces?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,880 ✭✭✭billyhead

Hi Donaghs,

I live on the Northside in Artane (not too far from yourself) and my runs (currently training for the Dublin Marathon) take me from my house down to St Annes (around the outside of the park and down along the coast as far as Sutton and back up to Fairview though Marino, Whitehall and back home (Obviously you won't be ruiing that distance but St Annes is not too far from where you live (I would guess its approx a mile) or alternatively are their not a number of playing pitches located in Ayrfield which you could lap around. Their the only green areas I can think off nearest to you. Best of luck in your new area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

theres a huge green area down by the foxhound,
    i think its surrounded by a running track

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

St.Annes Park in Raheny.
    Also if you want to train in a group, there is the marathon group with Raheny Shamrock. They meet at 6.30pm Monday to Friday. Give me a pm if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭donaghs

Thanks everyone for the responses. Billyhead, would you run from Sutton down the coast to Clontarf in evenings as well as during daylight hours?
    Also, has anyone seriously jogged around the Foxhound pub at night? The Raheny Shamrock club sounds interesting as well, just have to see if I can fit it into current work/study/social life commitments at the moment.
    Thanks again.

Donaghs,

I go for my runs in the evenings at around 6pm or shortly after and its fairly dark (beginning of the end of daylight hours) by the time I start running along the promenade in Clontarf on the way back from Sutton.

Rgds
    Billyhead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

my gf takes the dog for walks around the park most nights.

Dave H,

Are you a member of Raheny Shamrocks because I would be interested in joining them once the Marathon Finishes. Do you have to pay an annual subscription charge and what nights do they train and what does the training involve i.e do they do they just meet up as a group and go for a run depending on your level of fitness.

Advertisement