Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windsave Wind Turbine System

Options
  • 11-10-2006 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

I saw this system in B & Q recently. I would be interested in it if I was sure it was going to be worthwhile. The company seem to have a good rep and have won a good few innovation awards. There is no grant aid for it but it is not too expensive - about €2200. I was wondering if there was any experience of the system here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There's a few posts on this here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

At that price, you will be waiting a VERY long time for payback. Unfortunately, you would need a much bigger turbine in a rural location with higher average wind speeds to produce a decent amount of electricity. And in this country, you would need a battery pack etc. as you can't sell any excess back to the grid.

To me, the B&Q machine is a toy that is being marketed to the unsuspecting public who are suddenly seeing rapidly rising bills arriving from the ESB. Far better to spend the money on energy conservation, e.g. an extra few inches of attic insulation, rather than on this gimmick.

Plenty of interesting discussion on turbines (incl. home made) in the 'Green Issues' forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=109

Advertisement