Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just checking if I'm banned

Options
  • 11-10-2006 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

??????????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Obviously not then - got banned from another forum for posting about a gig I'm going to next Month - thought the ban might effect here too.

I've been told to PM the mod in a week to have the ban lifted. WALOB

So much for free speech

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Obviously not then - got banned from another forum for posting about a gig I'm going to next Month - thought the ban might effect here too.

I've been told to PM the mod in a week to have the ban lifted. WALOB

So much for free speech

you are probably just banned from that forum

secondly, there is no such thing as free speech. but you can take that argument to the feedback forum with all the other freedom of speechers who complain about being banned :)

Nah, can't be bothered.
    I'm much better at moaning and doing nothing about it.

In fairness, You think you'd be allowed to mention a concert on a Music site ?? I was very surprized to be informed about my ban.

All way over the top and very silly in my opioion.

Still, life goes on.

Just found out that the gig in question is being promoted my a company who are at odds with this web-site.

I had no idea who was the promoter is till now. I'm just a fan of the band.
    Shame the way politics get in the way of opinion/information.

You live and learn I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

aye, well, i guess if someone decides to take legal action against you, then you probably dont want the name of the promoter, or anything to do with them bandied about, that could be twisted into a some sort of weapon.

either way, youre still more than welcome to post in here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Just found out that the gig in question is being promoted my a company who are at odds with this web-site.

I had no idea who was the promoter is till now. I'm just a fan of the band.
    Shame the way politics get in the way of opinion/information.

You live and learn I suppose.

Shane,

WWM has covered all the relevant ground re. your ban, its a legal thing and the owners of boards have been advised by their legal team to ban all mention of the three letter music promoters, their concerts and any other ventures they may be involved in.

We'll have a chat about this over a pint.

Oh, most up to date naughty list available here

Shane,

WWM has covered all the relevant ground re. your ban, its a legal thing and the owners of boards have been advised by their legal team to ban all mention of the three letter music promoters, their concerts and any other ventures they may be involved in.

We'll have a chat about this over a pint.

Oh, most up to date naughty list available here

Cool :)

Advertisement