Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle Auction - No Reserve.

Options
  • 11-10-2006 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

BICYCLE AUCTION

THURSDAY 12TH OCTOBER AT 11AM

ON BEHALF OF AN GARDA SIOCHANA AT KEVIN STREET GARDA STATION, DUBLIN 8

Everything for auction with 'No Reserve'
    i.e. if you are the highest bidder e.g. at €5, the bike is yours!

Catalogue

invest4deepvalue.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Copying this over from Bargain Alerts. Apologies if it has been posted already, thanks chums. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Robin1982

Anyone ever gone to this before?

Many racing bikes available?

Good deals normally?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Robin1982 wrote:
    Anyone ever gone to this before?

Many racing bikes available?

Good deals normally?

I went once. You can usually view what's for sale the day before. What's available will depend on what's been stolen in the last few months :mad: . Generally people get carried away and pay over the odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Second that opinion, went back in March this year. About three bikes went that were good value, but people seemed to have a limit of €150 in their heads and a ton of bikes that would have been good value at €50-75 were consistently bid up over €100 and beyond. Crazy. It is mostly all mountain bikes.
    Morgan wrote:
    I went once. You can usually view what's for sale the day before. What's available will depend on what's been stolen in the last few months :mad: . Generally people get carried away and pay over the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

Anyone look at the stock today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

sheesh good going, are they in order? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hehe... ok, here's the low down since I can't be bothered going myself.

Most of them need tyres pumped, a drop of oil (ok, a pint of oil) and they'll be good to go. Seized chains might need replacing.

Lot #1 is a decent looking Claude Butler hybrid that with about 20 euros work could be in great shape. Also I'm thinking first one might go cheap due to nervous bidders.

Lot #21 is a Trek 1000, '04 or an '05 I think. Put a back wheel on it and it should be a great road bike - about 500 quid worth, say 120 for a replacement rear wheel, so 150-200 wouldn't be crazy. Even the Shimano SPD pedals are worth a couple quid themselves etc. I'd possibly consider bidding 220 for it, depending how impulsive I felt.

Lots #143-145 have great potential - cheap steel MTBs worth about 150 each. They're so far down the list that most people will have their bike already and you won't get much competition. I'd hope to pick one of them up for 40-50 quid. The Raleigh #144 has a nice colour scheme :)

Besides all that, there's some great hybrids in there, look for the Treks 7xxx and Specialized Crossroads in the pics, not bad bikes again needing some work, if thing didn't work out on the Trek 1000 for me I might consider bidding up to 100 quid on those depending on the condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

I'd be interested in hearing a report on this one from anyone who went along. What sort of quality/age/models were the decent bikes (i.e., Specialized, Trek, etc.) and what prices did they actually make?

Can anyone oblige?

Advertisement