Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Given up on hanging around waiting for someone to sell an entry level

Options
  • 11-10-2006 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

I think ill buy in a shop this week. An OCR3 if it fits well I think. Can't afford a Trek 1000.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

Check online stores, you can literally save 100's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

Can you recommend somewhere please?

Ill get it fitted so at the weekend and buy it off the net.

How about here?

http://www.devercycles.co.uk/dever-bikes-2006.asp?rnge=XBGNTOCRT06/Giant%20OCR%20Road%20Racing%20Bikes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

There are lots of links in the sticky of links at the top.

I got mine at www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk

I would ring them to make sure they have the bike if you decide to order there, delivery to Ireland is £23 ontop of the prices shown. They have the cheapest bikes I have seen, especially when looking at last years models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

So the ocr is now defunct and the ocr has taken its place.

I rang one or two stores around the place yesterday and got a price for the scr 3. Yet when I look for best price on an scr 3 on google it reveals this

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=4149

which looks different and costs alot more.

Whats the story?

Actually on a second look its seems that the second one is just a composite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

From the links you are posting, I'm not sure if you're in the UK but I just mentioned to someone on this forum that my local shop has quite a few specials going.

Check out www.thebikeshop.ie

Johnny has over 20years experience and he's one of the only people I know who will actually be honest about your needs as opposed to selling you something to ake a quick buck...

Anyway, worth a look.

• Advertisement
Advertisement