Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Service query

Options
  • 11-10-2006 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

HI All
    I am new here on this forum and live near Ballinteer. I am considering IBB as a broadband provider. Can anyone indicate what they are like speed,service etc
    CD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

You are probably going to get a storm of the usual posts here ["keep away from IBB - they are a load of ****" etc].

Personally I have had very few problems with them lately.

Latest figures:
    Time: 11/10/2006 09:59
    Download: 1833 kbps (224 KB/s)
    Upload: 1564 kbps (191 KB/s)
    Qos: 89 %
    RTT: 8 ms
    Maxpause: 172 ms

The above are fairly typical.

And all 2Mb Breeze customers are shortly to be upgraded to 3Mb.

From reading posts on various boards, it seems that most of the unhappy customers [in Dublin anyway] are from the north and west of the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

I also live in Ballinteer and used to connect to the high site on the Coach House with Ripwave and all was well for about a year. Then in January this year, until May, when I switched to Eircom, it was atrocious. Keep away if you value you your sanity.

Advertisement