Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to go, what to buy?

• 11-10-2006 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

just a quick question, wanna buy some sexy underwear for my gf for her birthday, any suggestions on where is the best place to go for an embarrassed bf and any suggestions on what to buy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

La Senza or you could order off somewhere like Victoria's Secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 keeffor

whats good to buy from anyones experiences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Oh and Ann Summers, they've also stores in town afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭postgrad

La Petite Coquette--22 South William Street, D2.

It's expensive but she will thank you for it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I like Topshop's underwear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

www.figleaves.co.uk have a great selection and not unreasonably priced.
    Victoria's Secret have some beautiful pieces but they do not cater for bigger busted women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Careful what you buy. What men think is sexy and what women think is sexy isn't always the same thing. Crotchless knickers and a push-up bra in scarlet nylon trimmed with black may not go down well.

If you don't feel shy about it, go into Arnott's and throw yourself on the mercy of the lingerie saleswomen. And find out the mot's bra and knicker size; "This big" is only boasting and won't help.

La Perla is generally good; oddly, I've found that Calvin Klein bras are often both beautiful and comfortable, and very flattering, though his knickers tend to suffer from crack creep, on the larger arse anyway.

for all the ladies out there, what would you like your bf to buy for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Hmm I have to wonder who this present is really for?

haha you found me out!!! no serious, i need some good suggestions....

• Advertisement

keeffor wrote:
    haha you found me out!!! no serious, i need some good suggestions....
    LOL I didn't really mean it was for you to wear but more a present for you to look at her in.:) Getting underwear from my boyfriend is nice and like it but not for my birthday or at least not as the only present on my birthday but she's your girlfriend and if you think she would like or has told you she'd like underwear then go for it but think about what you're buying. As Luckat said what a bloke thinks is great and sexy a lot of women won't, a rubber basque won't earn you a lot of brownie points:D Arnotts have a good lingerie departemt with well trained and experienced staff. Brown Thomas have a good range too and I find the Ralph Lauren stuff both looks good and is really good to wear. If you want to go a little kinky but don't want Ann Summers tacky, Agent Provocateur also have an outlet in BTs.For really class though I'd go for La Perla or La Petite Coquette. Victoria Secrets are good but you'll have to buy on line, do you have time for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

Do not go to Ann Summers, under any circumstances. Dont know how anyone likes their stuff!

Brown Thomas is a safe bet.
    If she's bigger busted, Bramora on Earlsfort Terrace is really great.

ye was in ann summers the other day, bit tacky alright. wanna get something classy and sexy!!! don't really have time to buy something on the internet though!!! thanks for the suggestions on places to go, now its just working out what exactly to buy....(as you suggested kizzyr, the presesnt probably is a bit for me as well so i can look at it on her)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

La senza is probably your best bet- nice stuff and not too pricy! I got some lovely stuff there at the weekend and it went down a treat!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

And they're having a sale at the moment!

Piste wrote:
    And they're having a sale at the moment!
    Just what every girl wants to hear, " I got your present on sale" ! Kiss:) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Marks and Spencer have some really nice underwear at the moment, they've come on in leaps and bounds in the last few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Oh, and a tip: when you're going to buy 'lingerie', go with a friend, either male or female. Women get a bit edgy about single men hanging around furtively handling the bras and knicks in knickerland, but if there's two of you and you're chatting quietly, they'll relax.

I was in M&S in Dundrum the other day (in Autograph, not in the underwear secction) and there were two African lads buying a present for a girl. They were seriously holding up gorgeous lacy russet silky camisoles and saying "I think she'd like this...hmmm..." and every woman in the place was looking at them teary-eyed, clearly thinking "Oh, if only Irishmen could be like that"!

thanks for all the tips, think i have a few ideas on places to go now!!!

Advertisement