Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's goin on??

• 11-10-2006 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

Holy God,I'm listening to Duffy today. The guy is almost orgasmic interviewing Charlie Bird about his new book.Holy Camole... The national airways are being hi-jacked for over 35-40 mins to plug a book by an RTE employee!!!.
    Talk about blatant ,I won't got so far as saying abuse, manipulation maybe, of the national airwaves.

Duffy is going berserk mentioning the book at E v e r ypossible opportunity. I think its not right.

Nothing against Mr. Bird who is excellent ,but Jaysus, this is just too much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not listening but he did something similair a couple of weeks ago with a book about a woman who was adopted or something that did get a bit more interesting as various parties debated the truth of the book.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Now this post will start like many a call to Liveline.... I didnt hear the programme in question BUT (eg, I didnt read the book/view the film/ hear the ad that I, concerned listener am totally against BUT)

Where was I?

Oh yeah,

Did you know that Joe usually has a little chat with Ronan Collins (insert little cry for poor auld John Creedon here) about 12.45 telling everyone what's on liveline this afternoon. When speaking to Ronan before the show yesterday he said that one of his topics was..............Complaints that RTE news spent so much time on the 9pm TV bulliten plugging Charlie Birds book.

You couldnt make this up, I'm telling you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

My blood pressure can't take Joe Scruffy anymore...

He's bloody infuriating the way he cuts off anyone who brings a bit of intelligent balance to whatever non-event the easily offended are up on their santimonious high-horse on about.

Remember the fuss about the Hunky Dory ads?!

And the rescue remedy for kids "debate"! He and every single caller let on the air was having a knicker-attack saying you might as well bring nervous kids to the pub for a brandy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Reading this thread reminds me why I don't bother listening to the programme. My blood pressure is now fine after reading this.

Really, RTÉ have to have a feedback forum. BBC News 24 have Newswatch each Friday evening, getting editors on to explain why items were including.
    Either a radio or TV version is badly needed.

Bring back Mailbag and dig up Arthur Murphy ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

I heard both the promo on at 12:45 and the programme.
    Every person who called with a question, Joe butted in to summarise their question, it was hilarious!!!
    It was kinda embaressing for Charlie the way Joe was acting. He was pathetic - promoting the book but brown nosing Charlie!

• Advertisement

I'm really glad I can now listen to Goodgrief Concrieff as he has some self-awareness and can whip up a nice soufflé of a show.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

looks like joe is turning into Oprah with his book club, i had to stop listening to him, most calls are about rubbish, you get the occasional gem of a program like th nursing home one, but mostly people are bitching that the frozen peas in mace weren't completely frozen, nevermind the fact joe that they were closer to the frozen chips section of the freezer than the peas one.

as for moncrieff i used to like him until he started labelling anything he doesn't like middle class elitism, while he's sending Henry McKean out to set up interviews with the uneducated or the junkies solely to get a laugh at them, i just felt after a few weeks of that, that he was being a hypocrite as his program reeked of middle class elitism. (and why does McKean start his interview with the words "what do the people on the street think" and then you see him buying coffee for drug addicts in heuston station so he can get a quick voxpop from them.)

Henrys' Vox-Populi are a highlight, if you ever needed to know why there is a ruling class and why there is an underclass its all there to be heard! ;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

mike65 wrote:
    Henrys' Vox-Populi are a highlight, if you ever needed to know why there is a ruling class and why there is an underclass its all there to be heard! ;)

Mike.
    can't agree, he deliberatley targets drug addicts, living on ths street, i've seen it. soft option for a soft show.

Advertisement