Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bt and wireless router

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

peustace wrote:
    I'm on Bt and was thinkin on goin wireless in the home. The wireless router I was lookin at is at http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=43781&doy=11m10 Anyone have any experience with this router? Will it work with any modem?
    Is there anything in particular about this router that attracts you, rather than going with the better known and more widely used (and cheaper) models, such as the WRT54GL?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭peustace

Nicer design really. Yes I'm shallow! Is the one you mentioned better?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Just in case you weren't aware, BT will upgrade you from their standard modem to the ZyXEL Prestige 660HW for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

peustace wrote:
    Nicer design really. Yes I'm shallow! Is the one you mentioned better?
    The Linksys is widely recommended. I've never heard of the Sitecom, so I've no idea whether it's any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭risteardo

DS wrote:
    Just in case you weren't aware, BT will upgrade you from their standard modem to the ZyXEL Prestige 660HW for free.

Do you know if they're now supplying this ZyXEL as the default modem on installation?

• Advertisement

Slutboy wrote:
    Do you know if they're now supplying this ZyXEL as the default modem on installation?
    When they started advertising that they were giving wireless to new customers for free, I just rang them up and asked for an upgrade. So yea I assume that's the default modem new customers would get.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

DS wrote:

I was told 3 weeks ago it would cost me €40.

Yea you're right actually I just checked the website there. I asked them for the upgrade at the time they were giving it free to new customers. I wasn't aware it was a special offer. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Slutboy wrote:
    Yes. That is their default wireless router for new and existing customers.

Advertisement