Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain Gear

Options
  • 11-10-2006 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get rain gear for cycling in and out of college, I've read the thread on cycling in the rain but that just has people telling you not to wear rain gear.

My cycle to and from college is 20 mins and I don't particularly want to go into a lecture soaking wet, so I've decided I'm gonna buy a set of rain gear so does anyone have any advice on brands/places to buy them. This stuff doesn't have to be cycling specific as I'll probably use it for other stuff too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

If you can get breathable rain gear, you'll have a chance of sidestepping that bitter old irony of cycling in waterproofs (i.e. the risk of becoming as wet from sweat as you would from rain). Anything made of Goretex is usually good in this regard, if a little expensive.

tywy wrote:
    I'm looking to get rain gear for cycling in and out of college, I've read the thread on cycling in the rain but that just has people telling you not to wear rain gear.

My cycle to and from college is 20 mins and I don't particularly want to go into a lecture soaking wet, so I've decided I'm gonna buy a set of rain gear so does anyone have any advice on brands/places to buy them. This stuff doesn't have to be cycling specific as I'll probably use it for other stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Anything made of Goretex is usually good in this regard, if a little expensive.
    The Patagonia Outlet store on Wicklow Street should have something suitably expensive.
    What about bringing a change of trousers? Then you could wear a pair of shorts/tracksuit and shoe covers to keep your shoes/socks dry. A lot cheaper than Goretex gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭HJ Simpson

Get some breathable stuff and get some gators for over you feet under the trousers to keep your feet dry. Personally I woul go with the cycle clothing and change when you get to college. That way you can shower or use baby wipes when you get there.

HJS

Advertisement