Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Eircom Broadband question

Options
  • 11-10-2006 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm pretty clueless as regards the service I should expect, but basicially signed up for the 40eur per month service with Eircom Broadband.

I find that when i type in an address that it takes between 5-10 seconds, and sometimes I have to press enter about 3 times before the page BEGINS to load. It 's pretty annoying but before I blame the provider, my kid has loads of games downloaded, with horrible pop ups so could it be that or a virus slowing in down too?

Any info appreciated,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

That sounds much slower than it should be. Pop ups aren't a good sign anyway! Download ewido, its anti virus software and you get a trial for 1 month so use that and it'll catch any virus that might be there.

good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

download spybot sd program , its anti spyware,and ada aware program , install and run full scans,sounds like your pc is slowing due to virus, and spyware infection,when you find virus or spyware,erase em using those progs.those are free.,run full scan with your antivirus program too,innoculate,and erase.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

If you're in the Munster area Eircom BB has been acting up since the weekend

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Do you have a firewall installed? Sounds like the pc needs a good clean up.

Zone alarm firewall and avg anti virus are free - google for them - lavasofrt adaware is also free and microsofts windows defender is also free so there is no excuse:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

thanks for the advice guys, really appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

did the above advice help? its good to get back here with results as it may help others;)

Advertisement