Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband - Ripwave in Dublin

Options
  • 11-10-2006 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

I know your opinion about Ripwave, but I've got few question:
    - is there some other internet access offer where is no activation fee ?
    - is there some other wireless internet access in such price because I'll change my home few times in Dublin ?
    - is Ripwave enough for one user to send email, surf websites, use Skype (not simultaneously and I'm not using p2p, audio streaming etc.) ?
    - have you any experience with this service in Foxrock (Dublin) ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Hmm,
    I think Clearwire offer a similiar service to ripwave but have a read of the few posts here about it. I amnt sure about their payment structure, worth checking out the site, clearwire.ie I think.
    as you can see most are negative but I do know of some people who use it for basic services and it works fine.
    Ripwave and Clearwire are in theory okay for doing the tasks you want to do however in practice many users have found this not to be the case.
    Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

bedek wrote:
    - is Ripwave enough for one user to send email, surf websites, use Skype (not simultaneously and I'm not using p2p, audio streaming etc.)
    When it works, Ripwave is fine for one user to send email and surf websites. I wouldn't want to rely on it for any VoIP, because of relatively high latency, which can be a problem for VoIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bedek

ClearWire cost €129 at start :(
    Unfortunately the have contract for 12 months :(
    So ClearWire is not for me :(

Advertisement