Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel for the Marathon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Tillo

Just dont try thr two together. i ate on Snicker while on a 21 miler & very nearly threw up. Way to heavy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

I got some energy bars in Boots, their own brand (not a protein bar, but a carbohydrate bar). Tried it out on a long run on sunday and it worked pretty well for me.

It's got complex carbs as well, supposed to avoid blood sugar spikes. And they don't taste too bad either - worked for me anyway (didn't throw up hehe).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Hi,

2 days to go, has anyone made any final decisions on what to consume during the race? Am looking for suggestions. Was thinking half a banana, or a mini mars bar, with some lucozade sport at about the half way mark..

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

If you haven't already tried it by now on a long run you're taking a bit of a risk whatever you do.

I'd suggest getting a shed-load of gatorade into you at each of the three stops. Hearsay says nobody minds if you grab a bottle from behind the tables if you need more than just a cup.

Whatever you do it may turn out to disagree with you. There's not many calories in half a banana though so I'd take more than that.

I'll be using high5 energy gels - you can get them at the expo. So many people seem to have problems with gels though that I wouldn't really recommend them unless you've tried them before.

Advertisement