Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rig advice

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You forgot to save & tick share the shopping list.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

yeah it says its empty..

getting yourself a nice pc i see dead-dude..2,500 euro is alot a money..hopefully getting one for about 2,000 just after christmas.. :D

so then ill be good at games for once..with no fps lag :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Thats an Am2 mobo, not a conroe.
    Also you need ddr2 memory for conroe not ddr. Pc 5300, 5400 or 6400
    Get a better psu than that, that ones crap, good reputable brand ie. Ocz, Fortron, Seasonic, Antec.
    With dx10 gpu's out in nov, i wouldn't spend that much on a gpu at the mo. Bargains will be available in 7 series gpu's once the 1st revisin of 8 series gpu's are out. Buy something cheap like a 7600gt until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

First off mobo and ram arent compatable with cpu ill do out a list for you now

• Advertisement

321779 Asus P5B DLX/WIFI-AP, P965, Socket-775, ATX, 2xGbLAN, SATAII, Firewire, PCI-Ex16
    312054 Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 2048MB CL5 Kit w/two matched CM2X1024A-6400 Dimm's
    322633 Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz Socket LGA775, 4MB, BOXED w/fan
    324783 LG 20" LCD L204WT TCO-03 Black/Silver 1680x1050, 5ms, 2000:1, DVI/VGA
    317921 LG DVD±RW burner, GSA-H20RB, 16x, Dual, LightScribe, Black Retail
    320138 NZXT LEXA Black Aluminium Chassi, Screwless design, (Without PSU)
    320722 Sapphire Radeon X1900GT 256MB GDDR3, PCI-Express, Dual-DVI/VIVO, Lite-Retail
    320080 Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB SATA2 16MB 7200RPM
    314759 Seasonic S12 Powersupply 600W, 120mm Fan, 4xSATA, ATX/EPS, SLI, 20/24pin

Or here https://www.komplett.ie/k/shoplist.asp?mode=edit&ShoppingListId=390612

Maybe change the mobo and all you have to do now is add mouse and stuff

Take out the pc3200 ram and change the monitor to the lg also i would buy another hdd and change ur graphics card go to www.tomshardware.com to see the best graphics card and mobo

im looking to get that monitor as well when i get my new pc..is it not any good? the samsung 20"

• Advertisement

No it is a good monitor. I just think the lg is better my friend has the lg and for the price its an unreal monitor

Good guide to 20' lcd's here: http://www.behardware.com/articles/619-13/updated-survey-13-lcd-20-5-6-8-16-ms.html

I'm going for this 1 myself: http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcddisplays/xseries/vx2025wm/
    Its a little bit more expensive but judging by reviews is supposed to be the best monitor out there.

That is a very very nice monitor, but I think I'll go for the Samsung :)

aw alri..haha..ye looks like a good monitor alri..nice :)

ye ill probably get the samsung meself..if there isnt anything new like it after christmas but that will be unlikly..im guessing there wil be :D

when ya get it dead dude let us know if its anygood

Will do mate ;)

Just a Q to clear something up for me.

~: In my list ( http://www.komplett.ie/k/shoplist.as...5-8DD7F7E634F2 ) is everything compatible? :~

Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

520w for a psu is way to low if you aregetting the new dx10 gpus go for around 600,700w 1.

Okay, I think I'll do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

yes but if you are build soon dont get a 500w .ok

build future proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

awhir wrote:
    yes but if you are build soon dont get a 500w .ok

build future proof.

I'd even recommend a stable 1KW PSU if he is future proofing. Who knows what we can expect of the next few generations of DX10... and quad cores. It is ALWAYS better to have a lot of headroom with a PSU than none at all.

Okay I have updated the list again.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/shoplist.asp?mode=receive&si=390622&su=C2044FE1-DEA0-4974-B3E5-8DD7F7E634F2

Please tell me if I am missing absoulty anything at all, even the simplist of things! :) Few simple Q's regarding if I have everything:

(Noob-Questions below, be warned)
    1. Does it come with a plug?
    2. Am I missing anything?
    3. Is everything compatible?
    4. Would you reccommend any changes? (Considering I cannot go over the 2,600 mark)

Thanks for your time and help, just need to be sure I dont leave anything out or something isnt compatible!

• Advertisement

Yes everything grand except you have 3gb of ram there 1 with the upgrade kit and 2 pc5400 3 gbs of ram is pretty pointless and the 2gb is pc5400 and the gb is pc4200

EDIT: Also I would get a fan for your cpu and change ur gpu to something cheaper and then upgrade when dx10 comes out

Okay thanks.

Another question popped into my mind::
    ~: Q: My motherboard comes with a sound card yes? If so, it supports 5.1? :~

Thanks!

Personally I think you could get a better pc for 2600 than the one you are building but ya the mobo comes with onboard sound

Drop the upgrade conroe bundle & buy them seperately.
    Go for E6600, 2Gb pc5400 ram & Gigabyte ds3 mobo. Add a good cooler like Arctic freezer pro & you got yourself a good overclocking rig that will easily hit 3Ghz+
    I wouldn't waste money on a 7950gx2 at the moment as dx10 gpu's will be out in nov & prices of 7 series will drop. Buy a 512mb 7900gt & overclock it.

Okay, well what I've decided to is wait until after my tests in July. Once they are completed I will get the computer with newer stuff. ;)

That way I can get the new stuff or have bigger options (plus cheaper)

Thanks all soo much for the advice and stuff, I've learned a bit about computer building ! :)

haha..i wouldnt be able to keep so much money for that long..good luck to ya man..

ill be posting something like this thread in the coming months asking for the knowledge of whats hot and whats not :D

IgsTer wrote:
    haha..i wouldnt be able to keep so much money for that long..good luck to ya man..

ill be posting something like this thread in the coming months asking for the knowledge of whats hot and whats not :D

Lol so will I xD

haha..jus in case some new **** came out..which it will have.. :D

we get the same system :)

not sure if ya know me..but its me iggy my old account on here was iggyman until it got hacked :( ..remember i played with ur multigaming et clan for a while..

Advertisement