Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re: Adobe PDF conversion from MS Word

Options
  • 11-10-2006 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this post is in the wrong place. I Couldn't find an appropriate place for software related queries so I've just dumped it here. Mods - please move as appropriate.

My question is as follows:-

I've got somewhere between 50 to 100 word documents which I need to convert into PDFs. I need to do a proper conversion (e.g not a fast / cutePDF type) because I need all the tags, bookmarks etc. preserved. I've got Adobe professional to do the job, but so far I've only been able to do one MS word file at a time.

I know there is an option to convert multiple MS word files into a single PDF, but does anyone know if its possible to convert multiple MS Word files into their respective multiple PDF files? In other words - is there some nice way I can automate the conversion of all my docs or am I relegated to doing each one individually?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice - I need to sort this before Friday this week. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Though it doesn't look big on functionality: http://www.download3k.com/Business-Finance/Calculators-Converters/Download-Word-Doc-to-PDF-Batch-Convert-Multiple-Files-Software.html

There are other programs there too, just google 'convert multiple word document pdf' to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Look for PDFCreator on www.sourceforge.net

It'll fully automate the conversion of multiple documents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

There is a plug in for Adobe Professional available called AutoBatch, which allows you to run the process from the command line. It ain't free at $179 though.

Windows seriously needs a well supported application that works like Automator...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll take a look at 'em and see which one does the biz. As long as I can preserve the bookmarks/tags etc I'm happy with any tool which will allow me to create the PDFs in a batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

download openoffice at openoffice.org ... open your word document and there is a button on the top left saying pdf. it exports the file directly as a pdf... works very well and best of all its free :)

bri

• Advertisement
Advertisement