Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop Screen

• 11-10-2006 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hey, just noticed that my screen is all funny on the right hand side. Its all lined and gets worse as it goes to the right. anybody got any ideas how to fix it? Screen shot attached...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You look like you're running in 256 colours or safe mode....

Are you? Or is it just a terrible quality screenshot...I can't actually notice any problem other then the horrible color?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I can't tell anything from that screenshot OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

You need to take a photo with a camera not a desktop capture.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

sorry bout the quality of the screenshot! hope this is better as i dont have a camera with me at the moment.

its nothing to do with the 256 colours, cos one side of the screen is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No, no - I meant the quality of color in the first screenshot was so bad, it looked like your desktop was in 256 colour.

And, from that latest screenshot, I still can't see anything wrong? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

OP, the problem could be to do with the internals of the screen itself, so a screenshot would show up as normal anyway. You need to get a shot with a camera.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

the display is made of rows and columns - sounds like the colums on one side are going. probably the laptop screen :(

try it on an external monitor it will most likely be ok

very, very gently touch / apply very light pressure on that side of the screen - just barely enough to change the colours - does it change ( remember glass doesn't bend - if you force it, it dies. ) it's like crepitus it's something you try to notice but don't go looking for, and not repeatedly

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

Yeah thats what i thought.

I'm on a PC now and the screenshots are ok....the reason they looked funny on my laptop was cos the screen was broken....:rolleyes: sorry bout that!!!

yeah will try and take a photo of it but i think the screen is broke...

thanks guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 RockyTwoArms

Similar problem with my inspiron 9300, look anything like the pic below? Has anyone any idea how to repair this fault. I've heard it can be caused by a loose connection tab at the top of the screen but I'm cautious about opening anything up until I get a second opinion. I've check all drivers and software and used an external screen fine so I'm convinced it's a hardware problem of some sort, just reluctant to fork out lots of cash if it's a relatively simple fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cj2600

Similar problem with my inspiron 9300, look anything like the pic below? Has anyone any idea how to repair this fault. I've heard it can be caused by a loose connection tab at the top of the screen but I'm cautious about opening anything up until I get a second opinion. I've check all drivers and software and used an external screen fine so I'm convinced it's a hardware problem of some sort, just reluctant to fork out lots of cash if it's a relatively simple fix.

Hi RockyTwoArms,
    I think you have a bad screen. When you have a loose video cable, it usually affects the entire screen, not just a part of the screen as on your picture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Try tapping the plastic below the hinges. Thats where the connection was on an old Gateway I had which had a similar screen problem. Giving it a bit of a smack there solved the problem.

Advertisement