Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualification on Title

Options
  • 11-10-2006 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give me the skinny on what the above entails? My house purchase has hit a snag as our solicitor needs to raise a qualification on title with the lending institute.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Sounds pretty serious to me.

You should ask for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,393 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its possible someone lost documentation along the line, but who knows. What has the solicitor said?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

The solicitor seems responds to correspondence on each second passing of Halley's Comet. That's why I'm asking here. Been trying to move house since March!

I hate to say this, but have you thought about getting a new solicitor?

What you really want to know is what the lender is likely to make of the qualification, and he should be the one telling you, not us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

telecaster wrote:
    raise a qualification on title

I have no idea really, but could it be something to do with Freehold or Leasehold? Is it a new house or an old house?

L.

• Advertisement

It could be, if the leasehold doesn't have many years to run. But I doubt it's that. It could be a missing land certificate or something like that, or it could be that the person who you are supposed to be buying it off doesn't have proper title themselves (most likely actually).

But really, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

I'll post up when I find out for the benefit of anyone who's curious

Advertisement