Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online AntiVirus scan

• 11-10-2006 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hello Everyone
    I hope this is posted in the right section and I done a search but could not find an answer so I thought I would start this thread as someone might be able to help me.
    I have McAfee security suite but I would like to use an online antivirus scanner such as Trend Micro or Panda for example, just as a second or third opinion.
    My question is will it be ok to use an online scanner whilst McAfee virus scan (active shield running in the background) is on or will the 2 clash / conflict with one another, do you have to disable the antivirus on the computer to use the one online.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated, I know it might seem like a simple question but I'm not 100% confident with computers.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

The online scanner shouldn't clash with the local one, as far as i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It should be fine to run the online one as well, to be sure disable McAfee just incase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sum1

I plucked up the courage to use an online scanner and I did not disable my antivirus.
    I had no problems between the 2 and I got a clean scan result, oh and I had to use IE instead of FireFox for the ActiveX feature.
    Anyway thanks Sean and RUU for your help and taking the time to respond.

Advertisement