Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First gym trip!

Options
  • 11-10-2006 9:50pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Anything a newbie to the UCD gym (after cough cough four years in the place) should know?

I signed up there one day this week and have yet to go down and actually use the place - so i'm going tomorrow evening! The only real q so far is about the layout: do you go to the changing room downstairs and then go through the barcode thing upstairs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

yup, thats about it.

And remember to bring a towel, nothing worse than when someone leaves big dirty sweat marks on a machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

yeah downstairs for the changing rooms then back up for the gym, great isn't it :rolleyes: and remember the water fountains are downstairs too so bring enough water (at least a litre) so you don't run out.

PM me if you've any other questions about anything, routine wise, exercises, foods etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

is there a sports physio in the sports centre that I (not in any sports clubs) can go to. Found out last week that the sore knee i've had on and off the last year is in fact strain knee ligaments. Its getting really painful:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

afaik there is a physio there that you can see with reduced rates - not 100% on the reduced rates but there's definately a physio available to all students

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

yeah, there is a physio, go left i think or maybe right then left...anyway, its down the end of one of the corridors with the changing rooms.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Well i survived the first gym trip after all! Had a very light workout, really just had a look around the place. Did 2km on the treadmill (wimp i know!) and that was about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Red Alert wrote:
    Well i survived the first gym trip after all! Had a very light workout, really just had a look around the place. Did 2km on the treadmill (wimp i know!) and that was about it!

I used to hate walking downstairs after a really long work out in that place!Your just bound to bump into the guy/girl you fancy on the long walk down ,its sods law! They really should move the changing rooms to upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

panda100 wrote:
    I used to hate walking downstairs after a really long work out in that place!Your just bound to bump into the guy/girl you fancy on the long walk down ,its sods law! They really should move the changing rooms to upstairs

... and have after a beautiful round of circuits followed by 2 laps of the pitch. I'm just happy for the cover of darkness when you get outside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

panda100 wrote:

Hah! I love that trip, when my muscles are still pumped and im glowing. I often make multiple trips up and down untill i find someone i fancy:D

Advertisement