Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erol Alkan - Temple Bar Music Centre - Friday 27 October

• 11-10-2006 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Erol Alkan - Temple Bar Music Centre - Friday 27 October
    Jon Averill & Arveene supporting

Since winning the Muzik Magazine award for Best Breakthrough DJ in 2002, Erol Alkan has become one of the most in demand
    DJs in the world From chopping up indie obscurities at his Monday residency at T.r.a.s.h to destroying crowds with speaker busting
    techno at various festivals, clubs and parties*around the world.*It's the pure energy and joy Erol puts in to every one of these
    performances that leads to the almost rock star like connection between him and*the audience thats made so popular.*
    You can even buy Erol T-shirts from his website! (http://www.erolalkan.co.uk/store.htm) This is truly a man who loves his job!

"I'm still an absolute believer in the indie aesthetic," he explains, "and*when I'm hunting down electronic music, it's still that
    independence in spirt that I'm looking for. I have to feel that the person behind that*record truly had to make that record,"
    Erol explains. And if they had to make it, he has to play it. And if he has to play it, he can't hide his*excitement.

But it's not just the dance cognoscenti who turn to Erol for extra injections for their tunes either - he's also responsible
    for the remix of (now ex)Canadian rock duo Death From Above 1979's single 'Romantic Rights' thats*been putting indie kids in
    casualty up and down the land as well*as Bloc Party's 'She's Hearing Voices', which takes the frenetic new wave art punk of the
    origional and turns it into a throbbing funk of left field*clubbery.
    More recently his production has become more layered & expended. Check out his almost etheral mix of Hot Chip's 'Boy
    From School' - http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF225302-01-01-02.mp3 or his mix of Franz Ferdinands 'Do You Want To'
    http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF1200724-02-01-01.mp3 to see what he can do.

Witness the crazyness that only an Erol Alkan show can provide Friday 27 October in the Music Centre.
    Advance tickets are available from Carbon Records, Mezzanine Floor, Urban Outfitters.

Doors are 11pm. Support comes from Dublin's Jon Averill (Backlash) & Arveene (Clampdown)
    more info: www.erolalkan.co.uk www.trashclub.co.uk

erol_alkan.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

Clappy happy days, im there. the dude never disapoints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭peter23

will this sell out soon anyone think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Resolution

You can get advance tickets from today in Carbon Records in Urban Outfitters.
    It sold out last two times he played so maybe get an advance ticket to
    be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

It looks like a trip into Carbon for me. I've a load of his live sets but I haven't seen him in the flesh. Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

I've been to his last 3 dublin gigs, they were never sold out, I paid at the door every time. But by all means do go, should be a top night!

• Advertisement

Here's Erol's chart for this Friday

1. Hi Jackin' (Herve's Mix) - Hi Jackin' (On The Brink Records)
    2. Konk - Unknown (CDR)
    3. Bump (Switch Mix) - Spank Rock (Big Dada)
    4. Look What You've Done To Me (MUSTAPHA3000 Remix) - Speaker Junk (Speaker Junk)
    5. Club MCM 2 - Mr K-Alexi Shelby (House Music Records)
    6. Jumbo - Spiller (Nano)
    7. Standing In The Way Of Control (Soulwax Nite Version) - The Gossip (Back Yard)
    8. Victim Of Chance - Secret Mixes & Fixes (White)
    9. Alien Attack - Unknown (White)
    10. Go (Trentmoller Mix) - Moby (CDR)

To get you in the mood for this Friday check out some video of Erol Alkan at
    Pucklepop.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZPN6S75Iq8s&...ted&search=

Advance tickets for this Friday available now from Carbon Records, mezzanine
    floor of Urban Outfitters.

thanks to all who made it down last night, earliest sell out we've
    done. apologies to those who couldn't get in, we'll have him back
    as soon as possible.

thanks to all who made it down last night, earliest sell out we've
    done. apologies to those who couldn't get in, we'll have him back
    as soon as possible.

Advertisement