Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins game!

Options
  • 11-10-2006 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭

Just got an email from Gamesoc about this and, since i think the deadliness of this will be greatly increased by more players, i thought it my duty to spread the word...

forum for info on joining is: http://gamesoc.netsoc.ucd.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?p=25#25
    ASSASSINS
    (Meet new friends and then kill them)

Assassins is a live action mock combat game in which each player is an assassin and also has a contract on their own head to be assassinated. The aim is to pretend to assassinate your target in a safe and preferably interesting way while managing to avoid or counter your would be assassins attempts.

You start the game with 2 targets. Their contracts will include a copy of their student
    card. Remember a target is also an assassin and may have your name in their books. When a target is successfully assassinated they should sign their contract that you have brought with you. You then e-mail with details of your success and you will be e-mailed your targets outstanding contracts. There is no limit to the number of contracts you can hold.

Examples of methods of assassination would be a water pistol, a cardboard gun or knife both with the weapons name written on them, more imaginative methods might be poisoned lipstick, trained animal attacks using stuffed toys or poisoning represented by placing a slip of paper with the word poison on it under the target’s plate of food. ‘Weapons’ must be completely safe to both people and property. It is better to run away and hide than grapple dangerously with the assassin who is trying to assassinate you with a cardboard knife, however as soon as a person tries to assassinate you, you are within your rights to assassinate them.

Gamesoc coffee and games morning (thursday 12:30pm-2pm and on if free) is a great place to meet new friends over card and board games and also a good place to get a closer look at targets and obtain accomplices. An accomplice has to be in Gamesoc and signed up for the Assassins game. The accomplice cannot actually make the kill but can assist in distraction etc.

SAFE ZONES
    A person is in a safe zone when they are in a lecture or practical and also when in a toilet cubicle. Off campus is also a safe zone (the bus stop isn’t). Gamesoc coffee morning is a safe zone and ½ an hour after you leave (ample time to escape).

OTHER RULES
    If an assassin happens to see you assassinate an innocent victim ( member of the public), you have been caught and are out of the game and should hand in your contracts the next Thursday. Mass assassination is also forbidden. If you wish to leave the game ( stress and paranoia getting too much for you), e-mail gamesoc and you will be removed from the game. More guidelines on acceptable weapons will be available from the Gamesoc website eg –no putting of chille sauce or mustard in peoples food in case of allergic reactions (and pain).

PRIZES
    Prizes will be awarded to the assassin with the most kills and who has survived the longest. There will also be prizes for most interesting or funny method of assassination. Happy hunting!

The game will run for one month. To fulfil your contracts fast you will have to do some investigating, check timetables, ask your target’s friends what their habits are, maybe even explore their college building hoping to catch a glimpse of them. You could just hope to run into your target by chance over the month but this does not make for high turnover. If you have not fulfilled any contracts within 10 days your contracts might be circulated among more productive assassins and you would have to pick up new ones if they were completed without you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Holy ****!

Count me in !

Im already making a bomb out of a flash and some kitkats.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

I sent the email.

Any questions?

I should have thought of advertising here...

EDIT: Yeay! Finally 150 posts (that averages less than fifty per year)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

P.S: Can the library be a safe place? Aaaand do ranged weapons have to actually fire something that hits them or would a Laser Tag Rocket Launcher (not that i have one or would bring it to UCD :rolleyes:) and a loud *KABLAMMO* noise suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

wow where do gamesoc hold their coffee mornings? I'm totally playing this even if I have to join gameso to do so.

passive wrote:
    P.S: Can the library be a safe place? Aaaand do ranged weapons have to actually fire something that hits them or would a Laser Tag Rocket Launcher (not that i have one or would bring it to UCD :rolleyes:) and a loud *KABLAMMO* noise suffice?

images of me creeping up the library with my pen kinfe behind you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Next to the blob, 1 o clock, thursday morning.

as in 1 o'clock tomorrow ?

Today, if you want to get all technical...

okay will be there

Grimes wrote:
    images of me creeping up the library with my pen kinfe behind you.

No real weapons!

/has visions of lawsuits

• Advertisement

definitely being there

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

No real weapons!

/has visions of lawsuits
    You'll have to clarify that for old Grimb; where he comes from, anything with a calibre below .3 isn't a real weapon.

Assault knives and other non-firearm ballistics are standard issue in lunch-boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Reminds me of a similar game I created for people to play on the London Underground, before my laptop went bellyup.

Also very fun to play http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(game).

The Game.... damn thing gets everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Damn you, it'd been more than half an hour since the last time I lost.

Yeah, got the email. Emailed my details (had to take a new photo then link to photobucket cos it wouldn't attatch). Sounds good. Played it once before in town but that was just for a few hours and the rules for this one allow for more assassinations.

I look forward to killing you soon.

That signature might qualify as a weapon, it's giving me a headache.

Damn zen philosiphy...

I think I have easy target painted all over me for this one, I'm gonna die fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Ah, crap - just by reading this thread I have once again lost The Game.

Ah, crap - just by reading this thread I have once again lost The Game.

this is such a weird coincidence, I told three different people about The Game today.

Anyway, I signed up to the assassins thing. Should be interesting. All day I've been thinking about making weapons.

Passive was throwing his fake knife around the Hilpers courtyard today . I have my mother's adreneline syringe and some replica pistolos around I plan to utilise.

Its okay to inject people with saline solution right?

Its okay to inject people

I'm gonna stop you there with a hearty no... :eek:

Questions! or should maybe move these to the gamesoc forum...
    A) if you're an assassin and your quarry kills you are you out of the game completely or do you merely have to leave them alone for a set time?
    B) How do ranged weapons work exactly? do they need to fire a bullet/jet of water for them to count or can you just aim a gun right at them and say "bang".. i can see that descending into playground "you missed" "no i didn't!!" (edit.. oh, it says more guidelines will be up... nevermind!)

I'll add to it as they come to me... yeah... to the gamesoc forum...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

When does this start btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

This sounds like fun, can I still sign up?

It starts on Monday afaik. Email gamesoc in the original post

As regards weapons. Plese try to ensure that they don't look too real. That kinda thing could cause trouble, if say it fell out accidently or something.

Obviously they dont have to be bright pink or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

passive wrote:
    I like the two-handed arse grabbing squeeze kill. Is that allowed?

I don't know. I don't think so. I dodn't think physical contact like that is allowed, imagine if you got the wrong person.

I'm only a player in this and so not so qualified to answer such odd rules questions. You could try reposting on the gamesoc boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I don't know. I don't think so. I dodn't think physical contact like that is allowed, imagine if you got the wrong person.

I'm only a player in this and so not so qualified to answer such odd rules questions. You could try reposting on the gamesoc boards.
    I wish I'd been there at one yesterday (damn essay) I would have loved to garotte someone with a piece of floss.

I like the two-handed arse grabbing squeeze kill
    You Would! Any male hands come anywhere near my arse ! I swear to Budda Ill kill you all! Ladys more than welcome ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

:eek: Il be perfectly honest with you - I thought Gamesoc's stand could only be described as the loser stand of the freshers tent.

However, after reading about this game and it's rules, it sounds absolutely amazing!! I just wish i wasn't in final year so that i could spend my days stalking the campus for my marks! I take it it's last man standing format? How many people are entered? When does it start? I might just do it for the laugh! Reminds me of this video -

Stand Off Video

..except in UCD!

Well done gamesoc, a brilliant idea.

Advertisement