Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins game!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

How's this going? Any more funny/inventive kills?

Has there been a winner?

Will there be a new comp next semester? I'd join up just for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im on 1 !

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I survived the first three weeks but got killed in the last one. I was shot.

I heard Aonghus won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yep, I won. =). And I tihnk Phil is going to re-run it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

I figured it was easier to resurrect this thread than start a new one. A number of questions people may have will already have been answered.

We are running assassins again, and will have someone handling sign-up at the blob for most of tomorrow, with a laptop and a camera. Come along, join in. This year there is a small fee (€1, I believe) to cover the cost of prizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Blob? could someone explain the rules pls?

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Blob? could someone explain the rules pls?
    The blob is the wierd black and white statue/thing in the Arts building, across from the library tunnel.
    The rules are in this thread's first post. I think some things may be different this year. They'll probably explain at the sign up.

I look forward to killing you soon.

ill be sure to wear my glad rags for my photo. phil if i dont make it in can you sign me up anyway? i can pm you a pic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Wohoo assassins, actually going to sign up this year too and then be embarrassed when some randomer jumps out and fake kills me in front of friends or during an English lecture....

Also what ever happened to the gamesoc forum, is it coming back any time soon?

• Advertisement

Don't suppose if you happen to work in UCD as well that that could become a safe zone for you? Don't wanna be fired because someone came at me with floss

The forum will come back when I rebuild the website, some time in the next week or two.

For details and joining without showing up: gamesocassassins at gmail dot com

Note that the game kicks off tomorrow, 9am, so please sign up today.

Yes, work places in UCD are safe zones. I don't want to be attacked by one of the students in my tutorials either....

Also, and I stress this again: NO REAL WEAPONS, or anything that looks like or could easily be used as one. This includes training weaponry....

Do alarm clocks count as bombs?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Starts tomorrow at 9??? Jesus, I should read stuff. Signed up for it today, only going to get a weapon tomorrow(small water pistol I'm guessing, it'd be funny to soak people:D). I'm gonna be stranded for a small bit I say. Not telling anyone where I'm going. Oh, and do you just walk up behind someone and do whatever to "kill" them? Just seems so random, but fun!

Do alarm clocks count as bombs?

If you stick a piece of paper on it that says "bomb" it does.

I have absolutely NO money to buy any weaponary of any kind so for tomorrow I'm going natural and killing with my bare hands..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

can anyone give me the link for the gamesoc? i tried the link and got nothing

When do we get targets? And if you are using floss do you have to do the actual act of garotting??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

When do we get targets? And if you are using floss do you have to do the actual act of garotting??
    If any random person tries to "garotte" me, he'll be going down the stairs face-first. Do you think I'll stop to check what kind of garotte he's using? This could go horribly wrong. :mad:

It'll be class, just like being in Hitman. Bags Agent 37

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Dammit! I wanna go to UCD just for this! Although I work nights so I'm free during the day, do you have to be a student of the college to sign up?!

• Advertisement

I signed up. The Game is on

So when do the targets come

allanb49 wrote: »
    can anyone give me the link for the gamesoc? i tried the link and got nothing

There servers are down, there's an email address around somewhere but I think it's too late to sign up all the contracts have probably been organized already..

The current website (sans forum) is www.ucd.ie/gamesoc

Weapons are not strictly necessary. A piece of paper with "Knife" or "Gun" written on it is just as effective as a toy gun or what have you under the game rules (except at long distance, cause then we have the stupid "I shot you !", "No, I dodged!" **** to deal with.)

The contracts will be issued around 9am.

I think, but I could be wrong, that I will be a free-for-all target at some point, as through a loophole in the rules, you can't kill me if I see you coming.

I think, but I could be wrong, that I will be a free-for-all target at some point, as through a loophole in the rules, you can't kill me if I see you coming.

Excellent I'm free from paranoia for my first lecture... if only it were the rest for the same..

Ceist: Can we have simply put "A-bomb/Nuke" on a piece of paper and drop it somewhere on cancer.. because if we can you're all going down..

There are penalties for killing innocents.

Just got my contracts, the game is afoot
    <_<
    >_>
    <_<

There are penalties for killing innocents.

DNA specific nukes obviously... duuuuh..
    Just got my contracts, the game is afoot
    <_<
    >_>
    <_<

I'm f5ing my gmail like crazy but getting nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

Feck, is it too late to sign up? I just got a car and I'm dying to knock someone down with it! :D

• Advertisement

Just got mine and it's in pdf and I don't have Adobe installed, aaargh!!

Time to download :cool:

Advertisement