Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is the traffic coming in on the Waterford road in the mornings?

Options
  • 11-10-2006 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

I've just got a job in Kilkenny, starting next month, and I'm not fully familiar with the city, other than passing through every couple of months, and the odd day trip.

I will be commuting from Waterford, for a 9 a.m. start. My question is, how do traffic conditions tend to be coming into Kilkenny from the Danesfort side at that hour of the morning? I only have to swing right and into the technology park in Loughboy.

I've always had the impression that that area was not too congested, with the worst traffic being up the other end of the ring road, by the Dublin road, the railway station, etc.

Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

fricatus wrote:
    I've just got a job in Kilkenny, starting next month, and I'm not fully familiar with the city, other than passing through every couple of months, and the odd day trip.

I will be commuting from Waterford, for a 9 a.m. start. My question is, how do traffic conditions tend to be coming into Kilkenny from the Danesfort side at that hour of the morning? I only have to swing right and into the technology park in Loughboy.

I've always had the impression that that area was not too congested, with the worst traffic being up the other end of the ring road, by the Dublin road, the railway station, etc.

Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

It's not bad at all coming from that side of town. I guess it will take about an hour for you to get from Waterford, especially if you get stuck behind trucks on that awful road.
    You'll just have a couple of rounabouts to contend with, that's all. As you say the gridlock tends to be over the other side of town over by the railway station.
    Good luck with the job;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kilkennymusic

its grand. one of the lads here travels up from waterford, leaves around 8:10 and gets into the office around 8:55, thats coming a little bit further, the whole way over the ring road and bridge and out onto the dublin road....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

its grand. one of the lads here travels up from waterford, leaves around 8:10 and gets into the office around 8:55, thats coming a little bit further, the whole way over the ring road and bridge and out onto the dublin road....

It will be great if I can manage those times. My main problems on the occasions I went for interview were really at the Waterford side of the journey. It took me 25 minutes to get across the bridge (from the Dunmore Road) and 40 minutes to get the rest of the way to KK. I'll work on the assumption that it's the same when I start - just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a huge tailback in the N10 every morning in addition to all that!
    mfitzy wrote:
    I guess it will take about an hour for you to get from Waterford, especially if you get stuck behind trucks on that awful road.

Exactly... nowhere to overtake the bloody things, except that long hill coming into Ballyhale
    mfitzy wrote:
    Good luck with the job;)

Thanks mfitzy!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

fricatus wrote:
    Exactly... nowhere to overtake the bloody things, except that long hill coming into Ballyhale

By 2009/10 that will be history hopefully and you'll do the journey in half the time...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

mfitzy wrote:
    By 2009/10 that will be history hopefully and you'll do the journey in half the time...:)

Happy days... but by then we'll all be going around in flying cars, wearing tinfoil suits and getting all our meals in a single pill!

• Advertisement
Advertisement