Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Bar - Tallaght

Options
  • 11-10-2006 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Whats it like ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

haven't been in. my brother has a couple of times. he says its a pretty nice place & not full of the usual tallaght clientele (ie the pre-plaza scum :D ). Kind of an older crowd. They also do the whole buy a table thing. where you get abottle of vodka & a pile of mixers for the table

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Thought it was a bit dead, no real atmosphere, more of a mid-20's crowd upwards, it was empty by bout 12.30am as most people headed off clubbing. Its grand if you want a few drinks but wouldn't recomend staying there for the night. Also was waiting a while for a drink during the busy periods :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

They also do the whole buy a table thing. where you get abottle of vodka & a pile of mixers for the table
    That's bloody brilliant.
    Where else does that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

bit of a kip to be honest. the lower bars ceiling is too low and feels like a hotel loby. the mid sections not bad but really more of a resturant feel to it cause they serve food during the day and the top floor is the best but as mentioned you have to buy a bottle to sit there so its not really a place to just hang out.

also i dont know what night the other posters were out but it seemed to be full of kids to me (and bizarely hens nights, as in really old hens) still if you like that sort of thing knock yourself out. oh and it might be old age but i thought the music was too loud, ears actually hurt for about 10 minutes after i left

basically its poseurs paradise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

heading tomorrow night (sat) so ill suss it out, hopefully it will be good :D

minus the poseur crap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 j_lennon

What have others taught of it?

Is the night club open now?

Is the club any good?

Is it busy?

Men to Women ratio?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

It's a dump. ****ing kip. When the footie is on the rif raff that have been drinking all day are still there at night in their soccer jerseys after you making the effort to get dressed up. The women to men ration is 3 women to eveyman, but it's the same 3 women. It's a loud of crap really. There is a nightclub opening in it in about 2 months time. I'm sure it will be the new plaza. Just go into town, much more choice, much more slappers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

It's a dump. ****ing kip. When the footie is on the rif raff that have been drinking all day are still there at night in their soccer jerseys after you making the effort to get dressed up. The women to men ration is 3 women to eveyman, but it's the same 3 women. It's a loud of crap really. There is a nightclub opening in it in about 2 months time. I'm sure it will be the new plaza. Just go into town, much more choice, much more slappers.

how nicely put !?!?!!?!!?!!?!

J Lennon, its okay, i ended up having a good laugh there, and i unlike hank thought there was a nice clientel, it was not packed full of slappers or knackers, it was just a good crowd out for a laugh. Prob wouldnt go every week if i lived closer to there as think could get sick of it very quickly, but its a good laugh every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

glad you enjoyed yourself Heyes :D

i didnt mean to sound so negative in my initial reply but the idea of having to get a full bottle upstairs screamed of gouging to me and at my advanced age the kiddie factor is kinda scary. its actually not that bad its just not someplace you'd go everyweek TBH the aberly down the road on a good night does me. clientelle's gone down market a bit but its not that bad and the staff are on the ball, that said wouldnt go to level 4 to save me life :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ollypromotions

Hi just saw comments for Blu Bar Tallaght Im interested in having a party there this xmas.Q-Is the music good?Q-Is it loud?Whats the food like?Is it expensive?e.t.c What is the crowd like? Im hearing good reports about the Bar,and the new nightclub thats about to open?Get back to me :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

Its probably the 'best looking' bar in tallaght but it defo depends on the day, i get texts from them every week for various football thats on tv and stuff, raging i'm not there tonight, the euro centrefolds are there stripping :D

But its an ok place but not somewhere i'd go regularly. Town is a better option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ollypromotions

Wow what a night at Blu Bar great place for a reunion
    hearing loads about the new club there opening 2 b4 xmas.
    The old Tallaght crew were there it was fab check out all the pics they are going to be posted on the offical BluBar website!!The photographer said they will also be in the new Tallaght newspaper Tallaght Voice.Cant wait for the new club Tallaght soo needs 1...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Wow what a night at Blu Bar great place for a reunion
    The old Tallaght crew were there it was fab check out all the pics they are going to be posted on the offical BluBar website!!The photographer said they will also be in the new Tallaght newspaper Tallaght Voice.Cant wait for the new club Tallaght soo needs 1...:p

So to summarise, you think it's great.. you're contemplating having your
    re-union, 30th birthday and Christmas party there. All four posts by you
    on boards are extolling this 'venue'.

Shill anyone? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

and a name like ollypromotions....come on man.
    better off naming yourself BlueBarShiller!

Place is a dump and they are losing a fortune also. Will close/change hands in < 2 years IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Yeh, nothing good tho. You posted the exam same thing in the south county dublin forum. You didnt even bother try and hide that you were spamming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 talla man

Hi just saw comments for Blu Bar Tallaght Im interested in having a party there this xmas.Q-Is the music good?Q-Is it loud?Whats the food like?Is it expensive?e.t.c What is the crowd like? Im hearing good reports about the Bar,and the new nightclub thats about to open?Get back to me :o
    HI i'm Talla Man i'm haveing my party there after xmas an i also drink there mondays tues, an thurs an its fab ps the nite club will also be fab de staff are great an friendly music grand, ya you'll get a few ticks drinking there but ya get that anywhere dont let anyone put ya off try it urself ur's talla man psfood is great

Advertisement