Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf Part

Options
  • 11-10-2006 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a glove box for a Mark IV Golf, the latch on my door is broken and apparently the whole unit comes as one. I've tried breakers around the Meath/Louth area, one in Ardee was €50 but in bad condition, one in Kells was €70 but a new one from VW is €80+VAT.

Now up north they sell the for £25 but have none in stock, does anyone know any othe breakers in North Dublin that I could try, or indeed any other places I could find one? It seems to be a common problem with the Golfs, the part is hard to get!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

faigs wrote:
    Hi,

I'm looking for a glove box for a Mark IV Golf, the latch on my door is broken and apparently the whole unit comes as one. I've tried breakers around the Meath/Louth area, one in Ardee was €50 but in bad condition, one in Kells was €70 but a new one from VW is €80+VAT.

Now up north they sell the for £25 but have none in stock, does anyone know any othe breakers in North Dublin that I could try, or indeed any other places I could find one? It seems to be a common problem with the Golfs, the part is hard to get!

Did you try Traynors up North, Tel: 00 44 (0) 28 3889 1242? They usually have a good selection of spare parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Its a common fault in the VW range - it was common in the MkIII as well but the lock mechanism was available then in two seperate parts.

I'll second bazz26 on Traynors - they used to deliver parts to the Red Cow where you could meet them and pay for them - I don't know if they still do this but its worth asking the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Yeah tried them, they have none in stock!

Advertisement