Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing Help

• 11-10-2006 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I want to put some videos onto a blog and also onto youtube type sites. What is the best software out there for doing some simple edits and titles etc. What would my best bet be without breaking the bank ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Windows movie maker with XP, although it won't do anything amazing, it'd probably be good enough for you.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

thanks john :) appreciate that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Virtualdub is handy for this.

You can edit and line up jobs for processing later. Basically you edit your video and select the compression (Xvid), add a resize filer (320x240 for youtube). Then when you go to save the file, click a checkbox saying "dont run ths job now....."

When you have edited all of your videos, you can start the batch job and have it will process all of your work while you sleep\eat\shag\watch tv\walk dog etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Howeye,
    If you want to do some fairly straight forward editing but also have some nice fx etc then I would strongly recommend Ulead Video Studio. Its very easy to use. Get a free trial here http://www.ulead.com/download/download.htm
    It also has a simple wizard to format your finished movie for web use or DVD use etc. Fairly fool proof.

Advertisement