Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying vinyl online

• 12-10-2006 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

Trying to get a gift for a DJ friend who helped out a party recently, are there any good online stores that sell vinyl, that also have a gift voucher facility or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dj pj

www.htfr.com
    www.junorecords.co.uk

both them are good;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

i swear by www.nuloop.com. Ive sptn 1200 this year so far with them. You can register and get the reserve things rather than have to pay too much for postage. The reservation lasts til u make an ordetr to ship and whatever is in ur resvered section is also sent. Ive got 14 in mine at the mo over the past 2 weeks. Once i get to 26 or 27 i normally get them delivered and postage with UPS is about 17 obn that order. Most vinyl are between 8 and 9 euro. With the postage etc it normally works out at about 8.80 per record which is roughly 1 to 2 euro cheaper than here nevermind the better selection. I love the way they keep everything up even if its out of stock and you can put it in your wishlist and also u can put ur emial in to be notified when it come s bac. This week aloner ive gotten 5 that i prob wont get anywhere else and i eventually got 1 this mornign that ive been dying to gets for ages!! I also get my seratio records from them at 11 a pop which is cheap and i bought 2 t shirts (both 19 euro or so) from them in the last order, 1 of them was too small so he said to send it back which i did so he's sending a large one to me and also a gift. They are much cheaper and better than those two above. I hate them, i remember ordering from Juno and it cos me a fortune!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

I was just about to ask the same question, cheers for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭voltamadan

this isn't from personal experience, but i've heard nothing but bad news about htfr.com

i quit my job and they gave me a gift voucher for tower. it took me about 5 seconds to realise they had nothing in stock that i would like so i gave them a list records and they said it shouldn't be a problem getting them in so, theres always that way of doin it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

yeah if u go into selectah or any of them in town they can order it for you. Selectah from tiem to time email their catolgue and you can order from it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

dj pj wrote:

AVOID HTFR LIKE THE PLAGUE

i have heard nothing but horror stories about them...

support your local vinyl shops as well - selectah and spindizzy and indeed anywhere else will be more than happy to order in stuff, and the dedicated record nerds behind the counter will generally be more than happy to keep looking unil they can find even the more obscure stuff that you might be looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

ive been buying form htfr for a good few years and never had a problem with them but the best place to buy records has to be musicstack.com anything you want they will have.

Advertisement