Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo - What'll i do??

Options
  • 12-10-2006 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I'm in 2 minds at the mo. Despite my nick, i think i'm totally smitten by this car, i MAY go over to the UK on Saturday to buy. What should i do? It's almost as if i have an angel on my left shoulder shouting "Think of the bills, run a mile!!" and a devil on the other shoulder shouting "Go on, just think of the fun you'll have!!".

AutoTrader Ad - Temptress!!

What'll i do, help!!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You're confusing the angel with the devil :)

Check it out properly and if all signs are green, go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 alfagt

Cheers Unkel, i think i'm 70/30 in favour of going. Just need some reassurance that it's as good a car as my "devil" tells me it is! It'll be a heck of a step up from a Brava anyway...........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

why are you asking us? are you bothred that much by other peoples opinions? make up yer own mind

edit: a word of advice - don't post when drunk!
    kbannon

<offtopic>

LOL sorry about that went a bit mad on the tequila.

All I heard about these cars before was that the timing belt was an expensive job, something about an engine out jobbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

you might have to travel up North to get reasonable servicing costs.
    have you checked out insurance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭want2play

Just approch it like any other car, forget the old dodgy Fiat and Alfa Romeo stories, I drive an Alfa 156 sportivo and it has given me no trouble at all, i know there are people out there fustrated with Italian motors but thats because they wait for something to break before doing any work on them.

The upkeep of these cars is expensive and thats what people forget, but the handling and engines are fantastic and lively.

If you want any advise or buying guide on Italian motors do a search for Fiat coupe on: http://forum.alfa156.net/forum/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Buy it. I once bought a Delta HF integrale (still have it), against everything my reason was telling me. There are some things you just have to do.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭want2play

Anan1 wrote:
    Buy it. I once bought a Delta HF integrale (still have it), against everything my reason was telling me. There are some things you just have to do.:)

Dont suppose you want to sell your Delta Integrale?
    Is it left hand drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

If I had the money I'd go for it. Like Anan1 said, theres just some things you've got to do.

want2play wrote:
    Dont suppose you want to sell your Delta Integrale?
    Is it left hand drive?
    I should, but I just can't.;) It is left hand drive, they were all built that way. A few were converted to RHD, but I've heard bad stories about the end result. LHD isn't really a problem when overtaking, there's more than enough power to simply hang back far enough to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

buy buy buy

thats a sexy looking machine, really want to get one at some stage, nearly went for one last time round altho id love an le in grey if it was me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they look so Ferarri-ish in broom yellow.....
    yellow07.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

ask if it's a 5 cylinder - if it is, that's a volvo engine under the bonnet
    after all the bushings and ball-joints fall out of it, the engine should still be going strong!!:)

land9 wrote:
    ask if it's a 5 cylinder - if it is, that's a volvo engine under the bonnet
    after all the bushings and ball-joints fall out of it, the engine should still be going strong!!:)

The FIAT 5 cylinder is a completely different engine from the Volvo unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The 20v is part of Fiat's "modular engine" family. nothing to do with volvo AFAIK

Advertisement