Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem With Radiator Valves

Options
  • 12-10-2006 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi
    My six year old son decided to take the caps off the lockshield valves on the radiators around the house and adjust there positions. I want to reset them but not too sure what way they were before. What is the correct position for these, fully open, half open? Any help would be gratefully accepted. I have an OFCH pumped system (open i.e. not pressurised). It is a two story house.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Well the position can be different depending on where the radiator is, this system is called 'balancing'. This basically means turning the radiator valve open enough to produce the necessery heat from the radiator i.e. rads near the boiler may not be open much, where as the ones further away may be fully open.

This link may explain it better

Advertisement