Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/quietest 6800 Ultra GFX cooler/fan

Options
  • 12-10-2006 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Gainward 2400 Geforce 6800 Ultra and the fan noise is incredibily loud.

I am looking to quiet the GFX card. Just wonder like to know what peoples perception of the best fan/cooler to go for, please? What to be aware of, etc. I will advoid water cooling.

I really dont mind the cost too much, as long as it is very quiet.

Scouring the Komplett GFX Fans Section, I found the following;
    Zalman VF700-Cu + VF900-Cu
    NortQ 3850A

Anyone installed these?

Thanks in advance..
    James.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I would say just sell it and buy a new card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Yawnamus Maximus :)
    Dont you think I'd just do that instead if It was an option for me?

Anyways, back on track......anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I have the Zalman vf-700, very quiet. Have it running full-on at all times & can't hear it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

as was said, you could maybe sell that card for ~€200 atm, then buy a 7900GT for around €250. You'd be looking at around €50 anyway for a decent cooler for the gfx card. I have a BFG 6800 Ultra and i've got a Zalman VF900-Cu on it. I was actually getting artifacts after about 2hrs of CSS before at 430/1200 with the stock hsf, but now I can have the fanmate turned down low (inaudible) and it gets 450/1300 with no artifacts ever.

The're expensive though, so it might be worth your while upgrading. I know I am in the next few weeks or so.

The VF700-Cu will do you if you just want quite and don't really OC. Avoid NorthQ ;)

Also Peats have most Zalman VGA fans, and they work out around the same price when you factor shipping with Komplett. Plus its a lot less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

L31mr0d wrote:
    as was said, you could maybe sell that card for ~€200 atm, then buy a 7900GT for around €250. You'd be looking at around €50 anyway for a decent cooler for the gfx card.

That was my point except I'm too lazy to point it out. It will sell better with the stock Hsf on. Or even trying to remount it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Thanks krazy_8s & L31mr0d.

I will think about next steps, now you have dangled the carrot of a 7xxx series :)

Where is gods gates is peats.ie gone? Sold to maplin?
    They used to have a pretty nifty (for an Eire website!) online store :(

cheers
    James.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

NV silencers are great....

I miss my 7800gt:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Ba$tard wrote:

Where is gods gates is peats.ie gone? Sold to maplin?
    They used to have a pretty nifty (for an Eire website!) online store :(

Try peats.com

:)

Advertisement