Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2007 Civic Type R

Options
  • 12-10-2006 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Spotted this car yesterday, LHD, at a Honda distributer event. Spec'ed in Red, 17" Alloys and what I thought was a very well laid out interior

Looked at it a few times wasn't sure about the rear end, but the more I looked at it the better it looked, especially the side profile. I must say I really like it now

Anyone know when the stealers will have it and the price point?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭want2play

It goes on sale in the UK - March 2007

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭want2play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

On sale March 07. Two models available Base and GT spec.

Prices for the base circa €38k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

jayok wrote:
    On sale March 07. Two models available Base and GT spec.

id prefer a gti for that amount.38k seems really high for a basic one whereas for 38 you can get a really high spec golf gti.

Blame VRT.

Would you get a high-spec GTI for that amount? I thought the base, was basic enough, you'd look at spending €40k+ to get a decent spec (sports seats, sunroof, etc)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

jayok wrote:
    Blame VRT.

Would you get a high-spec GTI for that amount? I thought the base, was basic enough, you'd look at spending €40k+ to get a decent spec (sports seats, sunroof, etc)?

yes you would, check out carzone.and for 40k you would get a even better one with dsg, full leather,zenons, sunroof etc

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

jayok wrote:

That's steep. For only €5k more we're talking Impreza WRX 2.5 Turbo. Both a Golf GTI 2.0T and a Focus 2.5 ST list for €35k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Honda has always been expensive. This is nothing new.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

Still surprised they used the K20a 197 bhp engine with all this "new technology"... Although Im sure the gea ratio's have been shortened etc and lighter..

Well I have to say that the €38k is a guess. Given the outgoing CTR was €35k and it's £2k sterling dearer in the UK (i.e. the 02-06 CTR was £16k and it's estimated that the 07- will be £18k). As for the Golf, not sure how that works, but the Golf GTI in the UK is £20k!

As for a GTI for €35k that's ex Delivert Charges, etc, doubt you'll get a brand new one for that in real terms (anyone else notice that it's always dearer that what advertised?) Anyhow, there's a different spec there. Building my own model to the same spec as the new CTR on volkswagen.ie I get

Variant: Golf GTi GOLF 2.0GTI 3DR 200 BHP €35,260
    Colour: Black Magic € 548
    Options
    BI-ZENON HEAD LIGHTS €1,677
    AIR CON WITHOUT SUNROOF €1,184
    DETROIT 7.5JX18 ALLOYS € 823
    M/F LEATHER TRIM S/WHEEL € 443
    CURTAIN AIRBAG SIDE FR/REAR € 737
    Total Price €40,672

Plus delivery charges, say €41.5k. So I wouldn't say the Golf is cheaper at the same spec levels. But I agree at least you can get the Golf in a lower spec if you want the CTR is take it or leave it.... you pay for what you get.

• Advertisement

buzz wrote:
    Still surprised they used the K20a 197 bhp engine with all this "new technology"... Although Im sure the gea ratio's have been shortened etc and lighter..

Actually torque and fuel efficient are also up. Additionally it's actually 201PS or 198BHP (anal or what :D ).

Well the K20 has a bit of life left in it yet, really it's only 5 years only, compared to the B16 that lasted nearly 15 years!!

jayok wrote:
    Variant: Golf GTi GOLF 2.0GTI 3DR 200 BHP €35,260
    Colour: Black Magic € 548
    Options
    BI-ZENON HEAD LIGHTS €1,677
    AIR CON WITHOUT SUNROOF €1,184
    DETROIT 7.5JX18 ALLOYS € 823
    M/F LEATHER TRIM S/WHEEL € 443
    CURTAIN AIRBAG SIDE FR/REAR € 737
    Total Price €40,672 .

Sure, the Golf has aircon, side airbags, leather steering wheel and 17" alloys as standard, has it not?

I guess the price of any car can explode by ticking enough options :)

BTW I'm starting to like the looks of the new Civic

Afaid not, these items are extra.

jayok wrote:
    Afaid not, these items are extra.

volkswagen.ie about base €35k GTI:

17" Alloy Wheels With 225/45 R17 Wheels
    Automatic Rain Sensitive Windscreen Wipers
    Electric Tilt And Slide Sunroof
    Head Curtain Airbags
    Driver, Passenger, And Side Airbags
    Leather Gti Sport Steering Wheel
    Leather Handbrake Lever

Hard to believe it doesn't have aircon though :eek:

Then I don't know what the extra options are for. I see aircon isn't listed and 17" are standard not 18". Maybe it's the VW tax? - get you twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 02 - 06 CTR only offered air conditioning as an optional extra afaik. The idea behind it was to keep the weight of the car down to a minimum.

Not sure what VW were thinking of not making it standard on the GTi as I'm sure the electric motor of the sunroof would probably be just as heavy as an air conditioning system.

Probably VRT related as looking at the UK Golf GTi spec it has climate control as standard:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new_cars/golf_gti/standard_spec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

No no no... the real question is.....

Why, in a left hand drive car, is there a map of England on the sat nav screen?:confused:

civictyper07_int.jpg

Advertisement