Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 07 ... almost

Options
  • 12-10-2006 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

So anyone played the new Fifa ? Its not too bad.

I've been playing PES for YEARs now and have from time to time...dabbled in fifa only to realize the errors of my ways. Think the last time I really used to play fifa was back with Fifa '97.

Anyway the new Fifa is quite PES like. The online, while far from perfect is much better than that in PES 5. But again Fifa is let down by some really basic stuff. Keepers are crap. But still not a bad game and I have played it for a week now which is about as much as I played tha last 9 years of fifa games.

Anyway, looking forward to PES6 ev en more now. Hope it is a really great game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

yes looking forward to Pro Evo 6 also

but why post about FIFA 07 on the PES board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Mossy Monk wrote:

Good question!

I'll give my opinion anyway of the 360 demo :rolleyes:

Didn't like it too much, shooting was awful; the ball physics are actually not too bad compared to previous versions, but when you shoot its like your playing with one of those old skool Club Championship balls, its just silly.

And graphics were fairly shabby for a second attempt by EA at a next-gen footie title (I'm not including Fifa WC as an attempt). Was nay impressed by Wembley, and some of the likenesses were shockingly bad, look at Klose!!

They have definitely made an improvement with the game-play since 06, way more responsive and passing is a bit more fluid, but as I said shooting sucks.

Perhaps the final version will be better, perhaps not, but it still won't touch our precious Pro Evo.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Mossy Monk wrote:
    yes looking forward to Pro Evo 6 also

Good question alright. There is no fifa forum and the pes forum is the only soccer game firum so I guess it was a toss up between here or games and seeing as the post had sonething about pes6 I went for...here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Oh and I guess its also relevent because of the attempts made this year in fifa to emulate pes. THere is even a 'new' control pad layout which matches pes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Downloaded the FIFA07 demo and wanted to have an open mind and try to embrace it... but....

Still rubbish and nowhere near PES5, especially since I've patched it with all teams / kits etc..
    I'm nearly worried if PES6 can beat it! Only annoying thing is waiting for all the proper kits / patches etc.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Not a huge fan of it at all. Pro Evo 6 ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Played Fifa 07 for the first time yesterday and not impressed at all. Same happens every year. The latest Fifa comes out and it just reminds me of how much I can't wait for PES to follow a couple of weeks later.

The graphics are nowhere near as good on Fifa while the gameplay is slower imo. Just doesnt have a smooth feel to it in comparison to PES.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I downloaded it and thought it looked awful...
    I think i played it for 5 minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

better on ps2 than 360

Advertisement