Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to find site that can provide on-line donation support

Options
  • 12-10-2006 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm raising money for the dublin marathon. I'd like to be able to set up an on line account where people could make donations for my charitable cause.

I noticed on pay pal that you can set up an account for this. I've emailed me about how to go about this but received no reply. Can anyone help me out here please? However having read the site www.paypalsucks.com I'm wondering if there are other alternatives.

I know that there is a site called justgiving but my charity isn't registered there, and it seems to be for uk based charities only.

alternatively are there any other web sites that enable you to do this that have a smaller charge?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

I have used this site - http://www.mycharity.ie/

It works pretty well, has a good selection of charities too.

heres mine in case anyone as a few bob burning a hole in their pockets ;)

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/pauls_marathon/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Thanks StaggerLee, I really appreciate you replying. I've contacted the charity and they'll be registering on the site as well.

Good luck in your fundraising and in the marathon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

HI StaggerLee,
    well my charity weren't on the web site and when they enquired about it, it costs €500 + vat to join and they take 3% of all the donations.

I don't think that the charity would be willing to make sure a large outlay.

Thanks for your reply, if anyone else has any suggestions please let me know.

Advertisement