Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween for Kids

Options
  • 12-10-2006 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi All,

We moved into Seabourne View at the beginning of the year and have an 8 year old child. I was just wondering what happened in Charlesland for the kids in Halloween last year. I suppose basically what I am asking is if there was much 'tricker treating' etc. I know there are a lot of young kids around so we're going to come over from Seabourne to Charlesland with our fella on Halloween night.

Thanks in advance, this is a great forum. Very useful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

There were lots of "Trick or Treat" kids around the Wood last year. I ran out of goodies!

Welcome to Boards, btw. Say hello in the sticky at the top of this board.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Hi Langerland,

There were loads of children and parents out last year and it was really great atmosphere. Even my other half and my brother in law dressed up with Star Wars costumes with the light Sabers and went around the estate having a dualing match while me and my sister tricker treated with my niece. Had great fun.....bit of a child at heart!!

Hope you enjoy living in the area and have a great Halloween!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

:rolleyes: There were burn the car competitions and hit the house with fireworks competitions around three trouts stream hosted by the lads from burnaby lawns.I expect it'll be bigger and better this year.Also they had a target the windows with egg competitions superquinn seemed to have sponsored the eggs

Bertie wrote:
    :rolleyes: There were burn the car competitions and hit the house with fireworks competitions around three trouts stream hosted by the lads from burnaby lawns.I expect it'll be bigger and better this year.Also they had a target the windows with egg competitions superquinn seemed to have sponsored the eggs
    LOL! There's a three bed semi for sale in there, we wondered why it was so cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

LOL! There's a three bed semi for sale in there, we wondered why it was so cheap!

We actually looked at that place as part of our house hunt - suspiciously good value for Greystones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

eoin_s wrote:
    We actually looked at that place as part of our house hunt - suspiciously good value for Greystones!

Cannot wait for Halloween this year, spent the last three in a house on a very busy main road in a farily rough area in another town not too far from here. Couldn't let the kids outside the door, this will be wonderful!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ADK

Hi all,

This is my first post. Really great site. Yes I am preparing to head out this year with my 4 year old and two year old. All v excited already. Charlesland Wood last year was great as I remember the disappointment in the last place I lived when there were no calls on the door and my monkey nuts went uneaten (I hate the things!)
    So Happy Halloween everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭new arrival

H guys,

We have an 8 year old and a 'spiderman' 4 year old who will be doing their 'Trick or Treat' this year. Any recommendations which the best estate to go out in?

Well apprently the people who live in Charlesland Grove are the most lovely people and have great sweets and are generally a great bunch;) ha ha ha The fact that live there obviously I am biased!!But really all of Charlesland is a safe bet.....lots of Mums and Dads and kids out enjoying themselves although the weather forecast seems to be a bit dissmal. Enjoy!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭new arrival

I agree the Grove people are the nicest!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

I agree the Grove people are the nicest!! :)
    Have to disagree with you there, the residents of the court are nothing less than saints god bless em.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Wineman wrote:
    Have to disagree with you there, the residents of the court are nothing less than saints god bless em.:D

Spot on there. We're so generous up here!
    I've just bought a whole apple to share between the kids when they call.

LOL!:p

And for those very bored and very mean people out there: clicky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Ha, there seems to be the lowest number of kids at our door ever this year.
    It appears that the Charleslandians are getting all of the business. That and pretty much every kid in my estate has grown into a banger flinging teenager. Keep in mind, this is the first year I didn't go trick or treating. Don't worry though, the day will come when another new housing place is built and your kid population has grown up a bit. :D

*Proceeds to laugh at the "old" people* =P

Davidius wrote:
    It appears that the Charleslandians are getting all of the business.

Well, not in the Grover anyhow - herself bought half of Superquinn's supply of sweets, and not a peep a the door. Which means I'm going to have one hell of a "sugar hangover" tomorrow.

eoin_s wrote:
    Well, not in the Grover anyhow - herself bought half of Superquinn's supply of sweets, and not a peep a the door. Which means I'm going to have one hell of a "sugar hangover" tomorrow.

Twas slow in the Wood too... At one point I had a look out (while putting stuff in the recycling bin, NOT being nosey) and saw a couple of kids trick or treating, but noone called to our door.

Shame really. Superquinn had a 3 for the price of 2 on the fun-size stuff, and we took full advantage of it. Still I didn't give in to temptation too much and only had a few Time Outs, a few little bags of Maltesers and a few Mars Bars.

As Fat Ba$tard once said, "I eat so much because I'm sad, I'm sad because I eat so much".

:p

Oh my GOD it was mental busy at my door in the Grove I had 23 bags of Sweets made up and gave away at least 18!! and That was only from 530 to 1830 as I went to my sisters house then and her Door bell never stopped. I did notice they seemed to call to houses that had decorations in the windows and lights on. Mind you there was a group of 13-16 year olds not even dressed up trick or treating and when I refused to give them anything they got obnoxious with me at the door trying to get in a grab the sweets!!! They were quickly told off by my mum & dad who gave them a telling off as she saw them pulling down some peoples decorations too. Little schmucks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

a total of 7 kids called to the door and two grown ups (also dressed up you know who you are!)

We have so much sweets/choclate left I will now have to join the Wednesday night walkers!

A

Hi Anniec...would you be talking about the two biggest kids of them all dressed as Darth Vadar and The Scary Scream guy!!:D They had more fun than anyone else the loolas!!! Unfortuately I live with one of them and related to the other so I hang my head in shame...every year its the same. Enjoy the sweetys I might be joining the walkers too feel quiet ill now after 5million cola bottles 1 million refresher sweets 100 monkey nuts and 1 coconut!!!:eek:

Advertisement