Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a house in Rush. What is the story with the train station

Options
  • 12-10-2006 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

I am currently in the process of purchasing a property in rush. What is the story with the trains . What time would you have to be here in the morning to get a train. I am currently in Skerries and get the 5 past 8 in Skerries parking is plentiful in Townparks.

I see in rush people park in a field what is this all about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Psygnosis wrote:
    What is the story with the trains . What time would you have to be here in the morning to get a train.

Just as the train arrives I would presume. Any later and you'd miss the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Very Funny I meant for parking

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

From what I hear the parking in the Rush/Lusk station is at a minimum. You'd have to be there by about 7.30am to get a space. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

The car park has been full by 7:25am every morning this week... You'd need to be there around 7:15 to be sure of a spot.
    The 8:10 train this morning was completly full, it was delayed in donabate for a health and safety check because it was so packed.

I'm not sure what the story with the field is...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

podgeen wrote:
    I'm not sure what the story with the field is...
    The field is private property. Rail users began to park there several years ago because the entrance was always open. The landowner seems to be very tolerant. He even leaves a larger than usual headland when planting veg although last year he began to park his own machinery in the vicinity of the gate, presumably to deter parking.

I'd say you would have to be there before 7am to get a spot in the carpark itself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement