Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truth Machine

Options
  • 12-10-2006 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a wheel truing stand in Dublin today ? Have a broken spoke and want to replace it and true the wheel again ASAP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The shop I use will replace a spoke for e10 (or was it only e5, I can't remember).
    Little Sport in Fairview.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭skidpatches

A tenner for a spoke!!!

Anyway, i have spare spokes as i bought extra when i built the wheel in the first place. In the past I have used borrowed or improvised jigs, but now it's time I got one of my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

A tenner for a spoke!!!
    Well, 50c for a spoke and EUR9.50 for labour. Sounds about right.

I'd be interested in getting a truing stand too if anyone has a recommendation. I've only seen the Minoura and Park ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

budget one available here from SJS cycles in the UK. Thinking about getting this or asking Santa for it. €50 or so, incl. postage costs i would say. Can't see why you'd want to spend more.

Advertisement