Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardmore hotel close to town ?

Options
  • 12-10-2006 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Need a quick answer to this. Sorry to be filling after hours up with crappy threads like this.

- Is the Admore hotel in Glasnevin/Finglas close to town ? Walkable ? How long by bus ? How long by taxi ?

What bus routes to town are near there and do any of them go to the south side ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Its about 45 minutes walk from town,15 minutes in a taxi or 20 minutes or so on a bus.Buses going to finglas all stop outside it;40,40a,40c,40d.
    The terminus for all these buses is on parnell street but the 40a occasionally goes to nassau street.If you want to go southside,get abus from teh hotel to dorset street and catch any of the 41 series or the 11,13,3,or 46a which all go southside.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Tsk, tsk, a mod should know better :) Reported. ;)

Sorry don't know. Try Google Maps and the Dublin Bus website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

Tusky wrote:
    Need a quick answer to this. Sorry to be filling after hours up with crappy threads like this.

- Is the Admore hotel in Glasnevin/Finglas close to town ? Walkable ? How long by bus ? How long by taxi ?

What bus routes to town are near there and do any of them go to the south side ?

Thanks in advance.

What town?

Casablanca

or maybe

Arklow

Really annoyed when people say town. I presume its Dublin.

And the really dumass thing here is that the OP is from Dublin (As he/ she calls it 'towhen') but dosnt know where the dumbass hotel is:mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Degsy wrote:
    Its about 45 minutes walk from town,15 minutes in a taxi or 20 minutes or so on a bus.Buses going to finglas all stop outside it;40,40a,40c,40d.
    The terminus for all these buses is on parnell street but the 40a occasionally goes to nassau street.If you want to go southside,get abus from teh hotel to dorset street and catch any of the 41 series or the 11,13,3,or 46a which all go southside.

Cheers, youre a gent.
    What town?
    Casablanca
    or maybe
    Arklow
    And the really dumass thing here is that the OP is from Dublin (As he/ she calls it 'towhen') but dosnt know where the dumbass hotel is:mad: :mad:

Dublin is a big place amigo, I dont know anything about Finglas. Plenty of people call the city centre town. Get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

There should be a forum for emergencies, where all questions are guaranteed a response within 5 mins or your money back. It would require constant monitoring though, by Ruu.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

it costs about €13-18 in a taxi from town - i would recomend a taxi:D

What town?...

...Really annoyed when people say town. I presume its Dublin.

Biko created a thread with this rant a good while ago, look for it and post there. ;) At least I made a suggestion! I'm from Dublin as well and always called it 'town' and I've no clue where the Ardmore is.

As the OP said, Dublin is a teensy-weensy bit bigger than Ballynafeckeroon or wherever it is you're from :) Dublin consists of more than just a loss-making Post office and pub/shop/undertaker you know.

If you're not going to add anything then just report the thread and leave the rant aside :rolleyes:

EDIT: Wyndham...good idea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

r3nu4l wrote:

As the OP said, Dublin is a teensy-weensy bit bigger than Ballynafeckeroon or wherever it is you're from :) Dublin consists of more than just a loss-making Post office and pub/shop/undertaker you know.

First of all, its spelt Ballynafeckeron

Also, our Post Office is making a tidy wee profit at the moment. Undertaker not going well though. People aint dying the same as they used to.

First of all, its spelt Ballynafeckeron
    I stand corrected, thank you
    Undertaker not going well though. People aint dying the same as they used to.

I blame the Governement!

...and now the thread looks more like something from AH, my work here is done :)

irishbird wrote:

give the taxi drivers nothing!!Its 1.50 on the bus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

irishbird wrote:

Couldnt be! I bet its less than 10 euro. Its only a 10 minute drive!?

Tusky wrote:

Bout a tenner should cover it i reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tusky wrote:

I take a taxi from beside the Ardmore to town daily. To Camden St in the morning is normally costs approx €13- (its never been more, & depending on traffic less) and in the evening (less traffic at night) its normally €10- or less.

The N2 has a QBC into Phibsboro, then you get into traffic.

Its walkable, but you'd be in for a long one.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

he said finglas/ glasnevin! what more do you need!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

What town?

Casablanca

or maybe

Arklow

He said finglas/ glasnevin! what more do you need?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

He also said it 3 years ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement