Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car kit aerial question

• 12-10-2006 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

I'm installing a car kit myself, and I got one of the adhesive strip antennas that you attach directly to the windscreen. I just wanted to ask anyone who knows RF stuff whether it needs to be on a transparent area? My windscreen has what appears to be a black border painted around it on the inside. I think this is fairly common on cars these days. Do I need to place the aerial on the clear part or will it work just as well if I place it on the border, and does it make a difference if I mount it horizontally (i.e. along the top edge of the windscreen) or vertically, on the side of the windscreen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I have one of these installed (self install also). TBH I dont think it matters where on the window the aeriel is placed, as it is just to aid in the phone getting a better reception.

Mine is placed on the clear part of the window.

Advertisement