Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm new here.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Never found Gough to be too hard a marker. I did his France since 1945 course last year and managed to do pretty well in the essays. And that includes the one I rewrote in a day after my evil floppy disk ate the first one! He does expect wider reading but he always gives good tips for the exam so that isnt too hard to do since you can easily concentrate on just 3 topics.

Oh and the hard part isnt finding 3 historians that conflict with each other (though that was tricky). It's the damn 1000 word limit... Do we have to include the footnotes in that 1000 words? Since on the cover sheet it asks you too include them... It better not! Oh and apparently even though we're told to compare and contrast 3 historians we need to use more than 3 books. Which confuses me slightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

beanyb wrote:
    Never found Gough to be too hard a marker. I did his France since 1945 course last year and managed to do pretty well in the essays. And that includes the one I rewrote in a day after my evil floppy disk ate the first one! He does expect wider reading but he always gives good tips for the exam so that isnt too hard to do since you can easily concentrate on just 3 topics.

Oh and the hard part isnt finding 3 historians that conflict with each other (though that was tricky). It's the damn 1000 word limit... Do we have to include the footnotes in that 1000 words? Since on the cover sheet it asks you too include them... It better not! Oh and apparently even though we're told to compare and contrast 3 historians we need to use more than 3 books. Which confuses me slightly.

Is it absolutely necessary to find loads of conflicting ideas? I mean..the question says COMPARE and contrast..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

They dont have to be totally conflicting, but I dont think they'd appreciate three of the exact same outlooks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

compare and contrast the on topicness of this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

True.

So, Hackman, what are your first impressions of UCD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

hi i'm new here too. I'm doing a postgrad in economics and currently banging my head off a keyboard in lg3 because I can't understand the computer programme we're learning. Anyone know where to go looking for decent grinds in UCD? Should I put a notice up?

Make friends with a computer scientist-its getting me through C. They'll be glad of female attention

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

gubbie wrote:
    Make friends with a computer scientist-its getting me through C. They'll be glad of female attention
    You'll lower your standards to pass, but not to change your name?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

You'll lower your standards to pass, but not to change your name?

:o

maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Grimes wrote:
    Elmyra

..... spends all her day In the Library. " working " talking to everyone on MSN and writing Vainglory's essay on The Gough. Hackman dont be like Elmo. Just because you are IN the library dosnt actually mean your going to do something.
    /me refers to http://www.boards.ie/wiki/Elmyra

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Bad link SS.

I do't have a WIKI:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Hackman wrote:
    Hi all. I just signed up for boards and hope to get to know you all.
    I'm doing Arts and hope to get into mode 1 history next year.

How are you finding it so far hackman? Have you found your way around yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Bad link SS.

I do't have a WIKI:(

Meh, he's only referring to it cos he wrote it. There's a link to it in my sig.

Advertisement