Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Varnish the dog?

Options
  • 12-10-2006 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hope someone can help with this one!

Does anyone know of any solutions to dog hair, especially when it comes to putting stuff in the washing machine.
    She has fluffy black hair & I'm taking stuff out of the washing machine & it's STILL covered in hair & little balls of fluff!

I remember reading about these little balls that you put in the machine with your items... like velcro ping-pong balls - and they pick up the hair/fluff - but that was years ago & I can't even remember there name! :confused:

At the moment I'm hoovering, using a lint remover (the sticky roller thing) and a damp cloth to get rid of hair - I'd welcome any suggestions other than:

A. Coating her with varnish :eek:
    B. Removing her from the area (She's a pet! It's her home too!!!) :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

get used to it ....

After several washes the dog hair on the garments will begin to felt up and then will be easier to pick off :D

Proud owner of two extremely hairy dogs, one medium shedder ...not to mention the cats

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

do you know whats great for getting hair out of clothes if you tumble dry them....the amount of cat/dog hair I get off stuff simple by putting them in the drier

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I use a lint roller and it does the trick..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

tk123 wrote:
    I use a lint roller and it does the trick..
    Get the adhesive paper ones, not the 'everlasting' plastic coating ones.

Hickeys in Blanch sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

An old pair of cheap tights will collect the hair while you wash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭wasted_winter

EGAR wrote:
    An old pair of cheap tights will collect the hair while you wash.

Interesting!!! I must try that!

I've always had a dog - and shes a couple of years old now... but it was never a problem until recently & it's getting really bad!!! Plus I'm not the sort of person to whinge when it comes to pets.... the mess is just a part of taking care of them - but like I said, it's just got really bad & it seems to be everywhere!

At least with the cats you get 'patches' of hair - you'll find them curled up somewhere & when they move they leave a little circle of hair & you can get rid of it quickly.... maybe it's because she's black but it's driving me nuts! Especially since so much time is put into preventing it becoming a problem - luckily she loves baths & it's the perfect time to get rid of as much as possible! I use a brush I actually got for the cats (you've probably seen it - it's rubber with large pointy prongs - blue & shaped like a cat) - once she's lathered up in her doggy conditioner (don't even say it! If you're thinking it don't say it!!!) I brush her through a couple of times.

I found the product I was looking for & bought a set - I'll let you know how I get on... failing that I might have to consider the Ronseal!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Irish-Lass wrote:
    do you know whats great for getting hair out of clothes if you tumble dry them....the amount of cat/dog hair I get off stuff simple by putting them in the drier

^^The product above, my folks used to have those years ago! :)
    That seems to work the majority of the time for us. My wife grooms dogs so there is often a lot of hair on the grooming clothes. Most of the time it gathers in the lint trap.

Advertisement